Sodium related question

Options
k so I weighed in today and lost 2.2, which I am thrilled about!!! I am curious though, the last few days my sodium has been high, the first day was an accident and yesterday was cuz i ate out with the family so it was harder to avoid. So my question is this:

Does sodium increase your weight since you retain water?

So even though I might lose 2 pounds, might it ahev been higher if I hadnt been reataining sodium related water? Cuz i can sooo feel the retention!!

Replies

• B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I gain weight when I have ate high sodium foods. And I am really swelled up. But usually after a day of watching my sodium and drinking water I drop back down to where I was before. Congrats on your loss!
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    I swell with alot of sodium but I try to keep in mind that I *am* watching my sodium and I wasn't before so even now if my sodium goes a little over then it's probably alot lower than it used to be when I was eating crummy stuff and not watching so I don't beat myself up. Try weighing in again tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. I weighed in yesterday (not my normal weigh in day) and it was only 1 lb so I told my husband because we thought it would be higher since i'm noticeably a little slimmer in the tummy this week and he said weigh in again tomorrow so I drank tons of water and had a green tea and today I weighed in again and instead of 1lb it was 2.2lbs so yeah, it may have been higher if you're retaining water!

Good job though!