3 Months Post Partum and in the Army...

Options
Backing up a bit from my subject line, I had my daughter in December, 8 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia. I'm pretty sure I was somewhere around 245-250lbs when I was hospitalized a week before I had her. My whole body had become swollen beyond belief and I was truly miserable.

Fast forward three months and I am currently 178 but to be IAW Army Regulations I cannot weigh more than 143 at my heigh, 62 1/2 inches. I have 82 days left to get it done and it seems like a lot. I exercise but there are days when I don't want to do anything. My husband bought a ton of candy 'cos his skinny self loves to eat junk and I always feel tempted. Most every day I eat veggies, meats, yogurt and drink lots of water. Breakfast usually consists of vitamins, english muffins or egg whites and meat. I almost always go over my sugar limit for the day. Someone recommended to me to just count calories so that is what I am trying right now.

I'm just in a mental rut I suppose. Advice or anything?

Replies

• Brallen1969
    Options
    Being on here has definitely helped me. There is a lot of support on this site to help you shed the pounds and stay motivated. I went paleo 2 weeks ago (as a 30 day trial) and I have lost 7 pounds in those two weeks and feel great. I know everyone is different and counting calories always helps to stay within your limits. Remember a calorie is not a calorie, 400 calories of doritos will act differently in your body than 400 calories of lean protien and veges. Make good choices, exercise, drink tons of water, and make friends on here that you can vent to at times :) Good luck and stay strong!!

I totally understand (yes as a guy lol) the pre-eclampsia, my wife had it with both kids. My kids were born 2lb 9oz and 2lb 14oz and were both that early. Don't listen to the doctors stats, mine both grew up healthy and in the normal ranges of everything. That was 19 and 17 years ago lol. Thank you for your service to our country and lets get you back in shape so you can continue to do your thing!!

Brad
  • maedarrell
    Options
    Thanks, what is Paleo?
    Also, even though my baby was born early luckily she had no health issues what-so-ever so I'm doing my best not to worry. She is right on target with her birthdate too.