3 Months Post Partum and in the Army...

Options
Backing up a bit from my subject line, I had my daughter in December, 8 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia. I'm pretty sure I was somewhere around 245-250lbs when I was hospitalized a week before I had her. My whole body had become swollen beyond belief and I was truly miserable.

Fast forward three months and I am currently 178 but to be IAW Army Regulations I cannot weigh more than 143 at my heigh, 62 1/2 inches. I have 82 days left to get it done and it seems like a lot. I exercise but there are days when I don't want to do anything. My husband bought a ton of candy 'cos his skinny self loves to eat junk and I always feel tempted. Most every day I eat veggies, meats, yogurt and drink lots of water. Breakfast usually consists of vitamins, english muffins or egg whites and meat. I almost always go over my sugar limit for the day. Someone recommended to me to just count calories so that is what I am trying right now.

I'm just in a mental rut I suppose. Advice or anything?

Replies

• chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you eat well, so I would just keep that up!

But here is a link that can definitely help you out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013?hl=ipoarm+3

PS
    The Scooby calculator the girl below me mentions is right here

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Figure out your BMR and TDEE using the scooby calculator - it seems to be one of the most accurate. And eat at TDEE - 20%. It's a big goal, but you should get at least half way there by treating your body right within those guidelines.
  • maedarrell
    Options
    Thank-you for the links! That first one has a heck of a lot to read.

I think a lot of my mental rut has to do with PPD and the fact that I deploy to Cuba in August for a year. Meaning I will be separated from my husband and daughter. It is slowly sinking in. I know that I signed up for all of this when I raised my right hand but it doesn't make it any easier.