Similar results with Insanity & 30ds?

Options
I've been thinking about doing insanity when I complete the 30 day shred in 11 days. I was reading some other threads about insanity but wanted to hear about more experiences and results. Most people seem to lose more inches than weight while doing 30ds and in the past months I have lost 6lbs. and a good bit of inches so far. I was wondering if I should expect the same if I plan on doing Insanity?

Replies

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    People's results vary, but overall most people I've talked to seem happy with Insanity whether they lost more inches or weight. I started with a group of people on here a little over a month ago & a lot of them were losing like 2-5lbs a week the first couple weeks, whereas it took me 2&1/2 weeks to lose my first pound, but my measurements improved a lot before the scale moved so I was happy with that, & losing about 1lb/ week since that.
  • meganbook
    Options
    You definitely lose more inches than weight, but how good is a scale number when you look damn good in a bikini? Stay off the scale, I had a friend quit Insanity because the scale wasn't moving, but you will get in crazy shape. I lost about three pounds right away and then maintained throughout month 2. My arms and legs however are very toned. I'll take how I look over a scale number any day! The biggest thing with Insanity is your overall fitness improves. You will be dying the first few workouts, and then it gets easier, and easier, and by the end of the month you're tackling the workouts like nobody's business. Then month 2 starts and it's the same thing, but you finish and you feel AWESOME. Definitely give it a shot, and don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't move. Your body WILL change :-) Good luck!
  • Mane1972
    Mane1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You definitely lose more inches than weight, but how good is a scale number when you look damn good in a bikini? Stay off the scale, I had a friend quit Insanity because the scale wasn't moving, but you will get in crazy shape. I lost about three pounds right away and then maintained throughout month 2. My arms and legs however are very toned. I'll take how I look over a scale number any day! The biggest thing with Insanity is your overall fitness improves. You will be dying the first few workouts, and then it gets easier, and easier, and by the end of the month you're tackling the workouts like nobody's business. Then month 2 starts and it's the same thing, but you finish and you feel AWESOME. Definitely give it a shot, and don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't move. Your body WILL change :-) Good luck!

This is very inspiring! I am on day 4, and this is all I needed to hear, thank you! :)
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of Insanity and have just lost 2 lbs but I've lost inches everywhere already! Including 2 whole inches from around my belly button. I lost 16 lbs from the shred. It was AWESOME. I loved it but at the same time, I think inches wise, I'm losing more from Insanity. My legs already look more muscular too so I think a lot of why weight loss is slower with Insanity is muscle that you are building.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That has been my experience with Insanity but I am fine with it. I am losing both inches and weight but really all I care about are the inches and looking good! Who cares what the number is!

I did 30 DS and Ripped in 30 but had much better results with Insanity. I am almost completed the program and feel great.
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What I'm finding with Insanity is that you are burning so many more calories with the workout (than 30ds) that you really need to pay attention to calorie intake. In other words, you have to eat more to stay fueled and energized throughout the day and this also helps with weight loss.
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Month and a half into insanity. Have not lost much weight but can already see lots of muscles(especially in my legs) that I have not seen before. Also my GF says my butt looks better so I will take it.

Still hovering better 245 and 250 instead of 250 and 255. However I expect that the weight will start to fall off once my muscle gain stops happening(my family gains muscle like CRAZY fast)