I always feel hungry

Options
I always feel hungry how can I stop this?

Replies

• gs1941
    gs1941 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water & green tea ... works amazing!
  • jessryahleigh
    Options
  • Awoolf20
    Awoolf20 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have this same problem when I am dieting. I usually try and drink big cups of green tea or fruit tea after I eat anything because it makes me feel fuller. Although once I am 2 weeks in to my diet the hunger pains aren't so bad.
  • jessryahleigh
    Options
    Thankyou :)
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I"m sure you'll get a lot more hits on this - but I snack a lot and it keeps my from feeling hungry. A lot of fruits and veges, greek yogurts, things with a good amount of protien in them work pretty good. Water and green tea seem to work pretty well for me, too.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Are you eating too little food? If you always feel hungry it's a sign you need to eat more food. You don't lose weight optimally by starving yourself out - - you lose weight optimally with a reasonable intake. Let me guess, you're taller than 5'5" and you weigh over 140 pounds and you're eating 1200 calories a day?
    With love,
    -Burt
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I'm not being flippant here, but if you're actually hungry, you should eat. It's possible you have your calories set too low.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Are you eating too little food? If you always feel hungry it's a sign you need to eat more food. You don't lose weight optimally by starving yourself out - - you lose weight optimally with a reasonable intake.

Also, are you eating enough protein and fiber? They can help you feel fuller longer.
  • jessryahleigh
    Options
    I do eat I eat to much but all the wrong foods I hardly ever feel full so I'm constantly snacking..
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry you are either eating too little (yes, not eating enough will hurt your weight loss goals) or you are not consuming the right foods.

Fill up on water, protein, fiber and healthy fats. All will help you feel full for longer. Also, when you feel hungry drink water before eating anything as a lot of times our bodies confuse thirst with hunger. Drink water regularly throughout the day... don't wait until you feel thirsty as that means you are already becoming dehydrated.

Ensure your weight loss goals are set correctly so you aren't eating too little. Not eating enough will make you feel hungry, will eventually lower your metabolism and will cause you to lose more muscle mass along the way than you would if you had a proper deficit.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I do eat I eat to much but all the wrong foods I hardly ever feel full so I'm constantly snacking..

Can you please share your height and weight as well as your daily intake target? I'd like to go over some numbers with you and see if you do eat too much. You might be surprised.
    With love,
    Burt
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Define hunger.
  • smarttashie
    Options
    Dry eating hight fiber snacks "like" all nut ... peanuts , walnut, pecans and etc granola , healthy crackers, small fruit, vegetables " celery, carrots, edamme. I hope this will help
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    yea me too. I'm day 3 into my diet and I always feel hungry. As a matter of fact, I'm hungry now! lol.

I've dieted successfully in the past and my advice to you is that after two weeks of dieting, the hunger pains will go away. Your body is probably just use to a larger amount of calories whenever you eat and isn't use to the fewer calories your consuming.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The question is, are you actually hungry? If so, eat, fruit, veggies, whole grain, lean protein, etc. If not, is the problem more that you feel like eating, are having cravings, or are having trouble changing eating habits. I struggle with emotional eating, so tuning in to when I'm actually hungry, has been huge for me. Also to make better choices try to log it before you eat it. Like I'll look at the calorie count on a slice of bread, and think, that won't fill me up that much, but for the same calories, I might be able to have several servings of fruits and veggies. Good luck!
  • witchieboo
    witchieboo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Try eating more fruits and vegetable, whole grains and lean meats and satisfy you for longer. Also drinking lots of water helps. Green tea really stains teeth.
  • kaorinchan
    kaorinchan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try adding a side of veggies to your meals. Usually, I don't make very healthy dinners and can't eat much of it (mostly cheesy things..) so I make a ton of broccoli or carrots to eat first, then I enjoy my yummy cheesy food and still feel full!

These other folks are right though, getting more protein and fiber in each meal will help you feel fuller longer. Apples, bananas and pears have a lot of fiber in them, those are my go-to fruits so that I don't finish it and then go, "Hm.. what else can I eat?"

Good luck :)
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You just answered your own question> :huh: Do some reading up on healthy nutrition for meals & choose snacks that will fill you up. feel free to look at my diary to get some ideas (goodness knows I am far from perfect, but this me trying)
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • GetDemGainz
    Options
    Eat more small meals in between. Drink a big glass of water before your meals. It's always ok to eat more veggies if you have to crave that hunger. They are very low in calories and nutritious.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Can you please share your height and weight as well as your daily intake target? I'd like to go over some numbers with you and see if you do eat too much. You might be surprised.
    With love,
    Burt

This
    I have a friend who probably eats less than 1,000 every day and wonders why she can't lose weight...