incline bench concussion

Options
Yup I got an actual concussion! I was using an incline leg press but was having troubles moving the backrest up because the pin was sticking. Suddenly the huge, metal seat came tumbling down on my head. I didn't black out and no, none of the gym boys saw the crash, thank god. I didn't go to the hospital for a few days hoping the pain, dizziness and sleepiness would go away. Well it didn't and now a doctor has confirmed a concussion and soft tissue damage in my neck.
Super.
Great for ruining the workout routine. Will need a bit more healing time.
I just recovered from having my cornea torn by my eye doctor two weeks ago.

Once you get to know me this is more of the same.

Hope you're all doing better. Keep up with the great motivational stories.

Replies

• travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Yup I got an actual concussion! I was using an incline leg press but was having troubles moving the backrest up because the pin was sticking. Suddenly the huge, metal seat came tumbling down on my head. I didn't black out and no, none of the gym boys saw the crash, thank god. I didn't go to the hospital for a few days hoping the pain, dizziness and sleepiness would go away. Well it didn't and now a doctor has confirmed a concussion and soft tissue damage in my neck.
    Super.
    Great for ruining the workout routine. Will need a bit more healing time.
    I just recovered from having my cornea torn by my eye doctor two weeks ago.

Once you get to know me this is more of the same.

Hope you're all doing better. Keep up with the great motivational stories.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    OMG - glad you are okay! That story is unreal!

Take care of yourself :flowerforyou:

Btw - the pic of you in that dress is smokin hot! Do you need to lose another lb?!?!?!? Also, where did you get it??? :love:
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Wow...

That really had to hurt!

~sigh~

Hope it heals quickly!

I am with you on the getting hurt out of nowhere thing... but usually not THAT bad!

~wink~

How sore is the neck?
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Geesh.....when it rains it pours! I hope you're feeling better soon.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    OUCH!! Hope it heals fast and take care:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • travelbug
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It was too funny to not share with you. The most unreal accidents and illnesses happen to me. I'm thinking about writing a book, sure to be a comedy. On the road to recovery, again!
  • travelbug
    Options

Btw - the pic of you in that dress is smokin hot! Do you need to lose another lb?!?!?!? Also, where did you get it??? :love:

Too kind, my new favourite person! I got the dress from Le Chateau. Love it!
    It's what's hiding below the waist that needs improvement and with the way I keep hurting myself I need all the strength I can get. lol!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Too kind, my new favourite person! I got the dress from Le Chateau. Love it!
    It's what's hiding below the waist that needs improvement and with the way I keep hurting myself I need all the strength I can get. lol!

Oh dear, I still feel so badly for you about your accident!

But thanks for the info on the dress! I always forget about Le Chateau! I'll have to hit it up. Thanks!
    :flowerforyou: