TDEE questions?? How many calories??

Options
So i returned to dieting the 1st of march. 11 days ago. i bought an EasyFit, which is supposed to keep track of how many calories i burn a day and uses a point system to calculate my activity level. Im a SAHM, so in the mornings i keep pretty busy on getting kids around and housework done, then 2-5 days a week depending on how busy i am i get to go for a long walk, i aim for an hour each time. What im wondering is why my EasyFit is saying i burn so much? i burn anywhere between 2200-3000 calories ina day depending on if its a lazy day or not and that does include living functions, (breathing, sleeping, ect..). When i entered my walking as my exercise on here the calories burned matched what my EasyFit said i burned. Am i really burning almost 3000 calories a day?? If so how many should i be eating? I really dont feel like im burning that much extra just walking and doing housework. i weigh 174lbs. im 5'5. most calculators say i need around 2000 to maintain.

Replies

• crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 50lbs lighter than you, sit on my *kitten* the whole day except for the gym and cooking dinner, and *I* need 2000 to maintain. Calories are a bit of a guessing game... You can only get so much from calculators. If you're being told you're burning 2200-3000, assume 2500 and take 20% off that. If you don't lose after a few weeks, drop it until you find what works. Just be patient and don't be afraid to experiment.
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    In place of a road map 2.0, I'd go there and figure out the calculations, i've heard it works great! :) It sucks, but it is mostly a guessing game
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    In place of a road map 2.0, I'd go there and figure out the calculations, i've heard it works great! :) It sucks, but it is mostly a guessing game
    Actually there's a version 3 out - he updated it recently. :smile: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much :)! i will check this out and thank you for postin the link!