Sugar

Options
Hey!

I've been going over my sugar daily amount and I'm not sure why...I've been eating lots of fruits and veggies...any help/suggestions would be great!

:smile:

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Fruit has sugar just with fiber. Eat less fruit.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have cut out all processed sugar from my diet. I drink my coffee black and won't buy a can of beans if sugar is in the ingredients.

The only sugar I get is from fruit and veg. I don't think I have ever failed to eat more sugar than MFP recommends.

I would suggest you ignore that sugar column or get rid of it via your settings..
  • hilarywithers150
    Options
    Hi, yes I keep going over my sugar and Ive had 2 apples all day....LOL you just cant win!!! I might delete it as I just keep seeing RED!!
  • SNOW_WHITE2012
    Options
    fruits have lots of natural sugar and they are mostly made up of water, so i wouldnt worry too much about it :happy: hope this helps.
  • gs1941
    gs1941 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)
  • gs1941
    gs1941 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes I keep going over my sugar and Ive had 2 apples all day....LOL you just cant win!!! I might delete it as I just keep seeing RED!!

haha! Thank goodness it is not just me!! Think i gotta ditch the banana!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    wouldn't worry so much about going over in sugar if its really all from fruit. especially if your not going over your total carb value. all carbs are going to have to be broken down into glucose (blood sugar) to be absorbed anyway, and for some reason fructose has an extreamly low GI.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

this made me sad.
  • hilarywithers150
    Options
    How can I put a banner up with the weight Ive lost....I cant see a 2.8 kilo one!!
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar every day. One apple and 1/2 cup blueberries and I'm in the red zone. I cut out all processed sugars,
    so I tend to ignore the fruit sugars. I think giving up fruit or cutting down on is not a good call unless you are diabetic, or
    have blood sugar problems.
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options

this made me sad.

Me too
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Just watch your overall carb intake unless you have a medical reason to keep your sugar low.
  • trteeter
    trteeter Posts: 1
    Options
    Glad to see this discussion....I've been having the same problems. I always go over on breakfast alone due to my morning smoothie! I think it is one MFP recommendation I'll ignore. Thanks!!:wink:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Just watch your overall carb intake unless you have a medical reason to keep your sugar low.

Annnndd we have a winner!! Sugar is a carb or to put in more accurately, all carbs turn into sugar (blood glucose). If your carbs are mostly from whole food, nutrient dense sources and you are not exceeding your target for carbs, don't give it another thought. I think it's pretty useless to track sugars in the absence of a medical probelm that compels it.