Question for women about 5'8 140lbs...

How many calories do you eat per day and how often do you excersize? I'm wondering if I should up my calories.

Replies

• lastinlineforlunch
    lastinlineforlunch Posts: 5 Member
    I'm the same height as you also my normal weight is 135 but I'm a newly wed and gained a lot lol it happens. I would suggest you stick with 1200 cal. And be careful of how much weight you loose!! Check your BMI it will help you see where you need to be I think the wayit goes for your height 160-130 is your optimal weight group. Also try to incorporate different exercises sometimes when you do the same activity over and over again your body will peak. Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    I'm anywhere between 132-140 (depending on how much sodium I eat, or what kind of weekend I had lol).
    I eat anywhere from 1300 to 1600 calories a day.

When I'm able to work out(dealing with severe back issues right now) I would work out about 3-4 days a week. I do a lot of cardio(because I love it) and lift.

I think once we get to this weight we can focus more on strength than cardio, but that's just my thinking. No way do I think you should be only eating 1200 a day. No way no way no way.

After I had my son, I weighed 200lbs. So...I did lose a good bit of weight and DID NOTeat at or under 1200 in order to do so.
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    I am barely under 5'8 at 138lbs. I work out 5-6 days a week. 3 days are strength, 2-3 cardio. If you are working out at all you should not be as low as 1200. You might drop some weight at first that low, but your metabolism will crash and you will feel horrible!! Right now I do about 1500 calories, give or take (usually more lol)

I am happy with my weight right now, and I am focusing more on really toning up. So I put the scale away for right now. I'll let my body decide where to go for now.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    5'9" and about 140, 22% body fat

1800 net calories a day right now, exercise 6 days a week (4 various types of runs,2 strength days, and a rest/active recovery day)
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    5'7" and 138 lbs trying to eat 1700 calories daily, work out 5 days a week lifting daily with a couple of cardio sessions thrown in.