15 Pounds in 10 days!

Options
Daryn46
Daryn46 Posts: 11 Member
Hello. I just thought I should write about something I thought I never could do -- massive and fast weight loss. 14 days ago my weight was 232 pounds. Today it is 217. I have been overweight for a long time. I am 45 years old. I am 6 foot 2 inches tall, a big guy. I justified my weight for years because of this. After not weighing myself for years, I jumped on a scale in January. I was shocked by what I saw. It was like a bad horror movie. I was 242 pounds. I was around 170 in high school. I did start a calorie watching program, another website (one I paid for but canceled when I found myfitnesspal.com). Yes, I lost weight in January. But it wasn't fast enough. It was too easy to justify. Common sense tells you a couple of pounds per month is ok for weight loss. I am told it will stay off if it is slow. Well, it wasn't fast enough for me. When I was 21, I went on a massive weight loss program via slim fast and exercise. I lost one pound per day. So that was my standard.

Of course, I had some help. My girlfriend of 6 years broke up with me two weeks ago. My whole life has consisted of relationships where the other person decides that I am no longer the "significant other." So I have been through hell over the past two weeks. She was going to "consider" getting back together with me. I was waiting for her birthday on the 29th to see her again. But I hadn't seen her in 14 days and last night I cracked. I skipped dinner and drank a 12 pack instead. Not smart, I know. I swore off of alcohol for 30 days and couldn't even make 15. So I destroyed a relationship. Oh well, on to the next one.

Anyway, life goes on. I just wanted to share my weight loss experiences here. I guess I am the perfect "biggest loser" candidate. LOL. You wouldn't think so. Lots of people would have looked at me at 242 and say I am not really overweight. The television show never would have picked me. A big guy can hide his fat easily and justify the extra weight.

The fact is, whether you are big or little, fat eventually shows up. The grossest part is when you go for a walk, your legs rub together and hurt for hours after the walk. Thank God that is gone. What really hurts is when your partner tells you after love making that it hurts because it is hard to get into position with my weight. That was the writing on the wall that told me to get started on a weight loss program like YESTERDAY.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent and tell my story, for what it is worth. I do not know if it takes destruction of a relationship or some sort of accident to lose weight. I did go down to 195 six years ago after a car accident. For some damn reason I am motivated to lose weight after a crisis.

I intend to keep it off this time. Thank God for myfitnesspal.com. I am so thankful there is a scientific way to track progress and keep the weight off. Thanks for letting me vent.

Replies

• luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sorry U are going thru all this , but as u say you do good after a crisis, then grab this as YOUR wake up call!! U can do it and yes slowly is better, it took me a while to realize it didnt come on over night and mine has been a slow 1-2 lbs a week but it is coming off...
    Take little steps and try to maybe set mini goals that you can achieve. Before you know it, you will be in a new mind set and the weight will keep coming off :)
    The complaints/comments after love making session really hurt dont they??? I know, been there..so get up and start TODAY !!! Thats one of my motivations..i can rub it in someones face when I get to where I wanna be...hahahhaaaa, maybe Now I am the ONE that doesnt feel satisfied by you!!! LOL..sry thats how I would and will say it when I am where i wanna be as far as my body and weightloss..

Do it!!!! If u need to vent, chat, rant, whatever LOL give me a holler
    Good Luck, You can do this!!!!
    Luly
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Just remember your doing this for you and not your girlfriend. Its important to love yourself, ya no ones perfect and we all make alot of mistakes along the way. I can relate on the leg rubbing think, hated it, not no more. Keep up the great job your doing :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • mrcourtneycole
    Options
    Congrats to you, thats huge weight loss in a small duration of time. I bet it does even more for your motivation to lose even more. Heck, it just excited me. I have lost 13 pounds in 10 days.

I started 270 and I to this day I can't believe I was that big or this big. I'm huge.... I'm 32 and my normal adult weight is around 215 lbs. I was 22 and 210 lbs when I felt the best I've ever felt in my life so 210 is my long term goal but I will be perfectly okay with 220 lbs.

I lose and gain weight farely easy in comparison to others I come in contact with but my biggest challenge is keeping it off when I hit my goals. Usually I have a 15-25 lb goal and hit it in about 6 weeks then slowly lose focus on what got me there. This time I have a 62 lb goal and hopefully the time it will take to get me there will force me to appreciate the weight I loss better. It seems the older I get the harder it is to lose it.
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Gives me the inspiration to keep going!! :flowerforyou:
  • Daryn46
    Daryn46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. I am now down to 212 pounds. I wonder if it is normal that weight loss kind of slows down. It just doesn't seem to be dropping as fast as it did in the first phase of my program. Thank God I have My Fitness Pal to track and try to help me figure out why it is slowing down. Why can't the weight keep dropping like a rock???
  • floragillette
    Options
    How did you loose 15lbs in 10 days?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!