Help me eat more fat!

Options
rosy003
rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
I've tried searching this, but as you can imagine, the word "fat" appears many times on these boards. I need to eat more fat, especially while I'm pregnant, but I am allergic to nuts and avocados. I've incorporated more full fat dairy, but are there other options I'm missing? Your help is much appreciated.

Replies

• Katey_Gabbitas
    Katey_Gabbitas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One of the lads i work with adds coconut oil to his black coffee in the morning, that helps him get his healthy fat intake up :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Olive oil :flowerforyou:
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    nuts... :laugh:
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Take one jar of mayonnaise, and a dessert spoon.

Sorted.
  • StephGettinFit
    StephGettinFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    olive oil! amazing ones from www.weolive.com out of California!

Get the meyer lemon, or mandarin, etc. Their aged balsamic is delicious too (but there is no fat in that)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I was going to recommend avocados and nuts..... then I read you're allergic...

egg yolks are a really good source, oily fish is too (e.g. mackerel, salmon). Also cold pressed vegetable oils, I say cold pressed because if they're heated a lot during the refining process that can cause a loss of some of the healthy nutrients in them. I have cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, but there are other oils. Some people recommend flax seed and flax seed oil for healthy fats, but I haven't actually tried this myself. Seeds can be a good source too.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil, olive oil, grass fed butter
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds!
  • JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you're using one of those fat-free, calorie-free cooking sprays (a lot of us do because weight loss leads us to obsess over calories) switch to a much healthier option like coconut oil, olive oil, sesame oil, etc. Also try fish that are loaded with healthy fats, like salmon!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, peanut butter, cheeses and dairy. Avoid low fat and fat free foods.....eat the full fat versions. A bowl of ice cream every once in awhile helps too :wink:
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Omega 3's are great for adding the benefits of fat. You can also eat more meats and egg products. Add in olive oil and hopefully you should be set... good luck
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Olive oil
    Canola oil
    Sunflower oil
    Sesame oil
    Olives
    Soybean oil
    Corn oil
    Safflower oil
    Sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seeds
    Flaxseed
    Fatty fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, trout, sardines)
    Soymilk
    Tofu

:flowerforyou:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    oils?
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat more fat eat more animal products. Animal fat is healthy for you. Treat yourself to a steak.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Definitely oily fish and lots of eggs... happy and very healthy little baby :flowerforyou:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    mmmmm salmon
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, coconut oil, certain fish, flaxseeds/oil, some dairy.

Ignore a few of these (and make sure pregnant women can't eat all of them) but this may help :)
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/8-healthy-fats-add-your-salad?page=1
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/high-cholesterol-pictures/the-best-healthy-fat-foods.aspx#/slide-2
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Real butter, coconut oil, BACON, whole eggs, all the meats apart from chicken and tuna....oily fish, such as salmon. Olive oils.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Real butter, coconut oil, BACON, whole eggs, all the meats apart from chicken and tuna....oily fish, such as salmon. Olive oils.

BACON :love:
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    full fat coconut milk.
    it has applications both sweet and savory.