Armpit Fat / Upper Back Fat

Options
Any ideas on how to slim down armpit fat? I'm getting married soon and my strapless bustier, while pushing my girls up, also pushes my arm pit fat up as well as my upper back.. Looking for some toning exercises I guess. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Eat at a tiny calorie deficit (aim for no more than a half pound a week, or 10% below TDEE), and lift heavy weights. That will give you the most bang for your buck.
  • jcfromny
    jcfromny Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • jcfromny
    jcfromny Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lorina.. one quick question... it says my tdee is 2118, and I currently am eating btwn 12 and 1500 calories/day. Could you help me understand a little further?

Thanks again!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Sara explains it well here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Pretty much, if your TDEE is 2100-ish and you're only eating 1200-1500, you're creating a 600-900 calorie deficit a day, which is too much for the small amount of weight you have to lose.

The last few pounds are stubborn, and a smaller deficit (eating more) works best to get rid of them... to make sure you're targeting fat and not losing lean mass.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^Well said. And we all lose fat in different places in different orders. That last little bit is always the hardest to get rid of. You should also try bulking up your arms a bit. More muscle means the arm will be much firmer looking.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Remember that you may also lose fat on you boobs though- would this spoil the look of the dress. I used to be a wedding photographer so have seen hundreds of brides- a ' back cleavage' is quite common as when we are pulled in - the fat has to go somewhere. Could you have a veil to cover up your back. I'd also like to say that in my opinion, brides in dresses generally look better being over weight than too thin.