Are these walls caving in?

Options
Lately I have been very stressed which of course effects my eating habits and exercise program. It just feels like everything is going wrong all around me and I will never be happy. I even thought about just picking up and moving somewhere else on a whim just to get out of here.

I am more overweight than I have ever been in my whole life. My family life is a mess. I am at a dead end job. If I don't get into this master's program, I might as well give up because I will never get out.

I am in a loving relationship with a partner who I adore and who adores and supports me...why isn't that enough?

Has anyone else every felt this way?

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    My teas gone cold I'm wondering why.
    I got out of bed at all.
    The morning rain fogs up my window.
    And I can't see at all.
    Even if I could it would all be gray but your picture on my wall.
    It reminds me that it's not so bad it's not so bad.
  • jenhanke
    jenhanke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY. My husband adores me - he is the epitome of a doting husband. That's awesome and everything, but it's not MY ENTIRE LIFE.

When you spend most of your days working somewhere that doesn't fuel your passion, it sucks the life out of you. When you spend most mornings being upset because your clothes don't fit right, it sucks the life out of you. When you go to bed at night wishing everything were going smoothly, wishing you were thinner, wishing your job was a meaningful one... it's like, why bother with all of this?

But seriously - at some point, it will start making sense that YOU are the only one who can control all of this. And if you can't control it, you have to find something you CAN control. It starts with your body. It starts with being on My Fitness Pal or something almost all day! Track everything you eat. Log every bit of exercise that burns any calories. Post statuses, allow feedback, create topics of conversation. Submerge yourself in this healthy lifestyle. YOU will be in control, and your weight will start to fall off. The rest of your life will come into perspective.

Obviously, this is all easier said than done. It has taken me something like 12 years to actually get to this point where I'm doing all of that. And every day, it's a fight. Every day I fantasize about following my dreams, being healthy, being fit, being financially comfortable, and traveling. The difference is that now, when I snap out of it, I don't feel like life is worthless. I feel like all of that IS GOING to happen for me. And when I'm not sitting behind a desk at a meaningless job (so on nights, weekends, early mornings...) I am taking control of my life. One calorie at a time!!!

Good luck -- you can make all of this happen for yourself, I promise. Just don't give up.
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Last year was totally like that for me. Anything that could possibly go wrong, did. My life was completely opposite of the way I had imagined it turning out. The good news is, everything in my life is now going so much better, and things have begun to fall back into place. I know it's really really hard, but things WILL get better for you. My only advice would be to hang in there, and try to think positive, and to do something things for yourself; things that YOU enjoy. Good luck :)