THUNDER THIGHS

Options
Hello Fitness Pals!

My thighs just don't want to go AWAY!:sad:
i've lost 20lbs and now i haven't lose anything since August of last year. :sad: i haven't gained anything weight either :bigsmile:

The problem is i can't do any lifting that will add pressure to my abdominal area :ohwell: . but i need to tone my thighs BIG TIME

Any suggestion for fat burner? Meal replacement? protein shakes?

HELP ME WITH THESE THUNDER THIGHS
:sick:

Replies

• bourbarigmy
    Options
    yoga will make your thighs longer and toned
  • amandag1030
    amandag1030 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks my husband bought my a yoga dvd so i'm going to get started on that.
    i've tried hot yoga once and it was great!!:wink:
  • MyNameisJill
    MyNameisJill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion... and I will use myself as an example to better explain.

I have a big belly. I am big all over, but would say that my belly is my problem area. I can do 1000 sit ups every day. Underneath my fat, I will have beautiful abs, but unless I lose the excess fat, I will still have a big belly. Does this make sense? It is hard to focus on a particular muscle until the majority of the extra fat all over is targeted. the best way to do this is through a high calorie buring workout.. think swimming, skating or aerobics. Weight lifting/exercises also help, because they burn calories even after you finish working out). However, if you are just toning and are at a close to target weight.. I would suggest squats, abductor exercises (such as lying to one side and raising the leg up or forward) and lunges.

I used to be a fitness instructor before I gained back all of the weight I lost to become a fitness instructor!
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

How? Will Yoga make the OP grow a few inches? Nothing can make your thighs 'longer'. All you can do it keep going eating at a deficit. Fat will come off eventually.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

oldman_zps1720d853.gif
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious how on earth any specific food would shrink your thighs.

The answer is a moderate caloric deficit over time and exercise.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious how on earth any specific food would shrink your thighs.

The answer is a moderate caloric deficit over time and exercise.

This^^^ X 1,000 000
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    No.
    :angry:
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Your body decided where the fat comes off so there's really no specific exercises you can do. You can do exercises to strengthen those muscles but until you Burn off the fat you won't see them. I would just suggest keep moving and exercise and eventually your thighs will get smaller
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    No.©
    Better? :smile:
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    No.

This made me literally, LOL.

:laugh: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Mine are hanging on for dear life, as well. Just plain old running has made them less thunderess.
  • dressagester
    dressagester Posts: 53 Member
    Options

This is true. I've grown a whole 3" since starting yoga! My thighs are so much longer!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My thighs have always been my problem area! There's nothing you can eat/not eat to make them go away. Running, lunges and squats are the only thing that has helped me. Running to burn the fat and then squats and lunges to tone. It's not easy, there is not miracle cure... If you really want to see a change, you're going to have to work for it!!!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about how to get awesome, strong, muscled thunder thighs. Now I'm disappointed :sad:

The only way to decrease fat from your thighs is to do what you would for fat anywhere: eat at a moderate deficit and move your body. That's it, no tricks.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Sorry no. Bro-science fail
  • sateliteofluv
    sateliteofluv Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Surely there is a way I could just instruct my body to next remove fat from my thighs. :huh:

I take my measurements every 2 weeks. It was 6 weeks before my thighs lost anything even though every other area of my body had lost two or more inches. But eventually, they did start getting smaller. Just keep losing!
  • overshadows
    overshadows Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I came in to the thread, already knowing the answer. But with a little bit of hope anyways.

I have huge thighs, since they are both muscular and fat. the outsides of my thighs are firm, and the insides have a LOT of give.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

lolwut?

I'll have to try yoga - I've always wanted longer legs