heart rate monitor - accuracy

Options
I decided to get myself a new hrm since mine doesnt count calories burned during a workout. It gives me my heart rate average during the workout and duration of the exercise. I went on ebay to look for one because I dont want to spend too much. I found one for $12 (free shipping) and another for $1 plus $4.99 s&h :noway: . Neither one has a chest strap and the price is pretty low. How accurate can these HRM be? :huh:

Replies

• angela0831
    angela0831 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    or does anybody know a website that can give me the calories burned during my exercise by inputting my average heart rate during the workout and the duration of workout?
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    you get what you pay for, thats a pretty low price for any item let alone a HRM. I wouldn't expect much from those just based on their price, not to mention the fact that they dont have chest straps either which really makes a huge difference. The problem with cal burn calculators is they are based on a formula and not what is actually happening when you work out. If you want a good, reliable HRM you're going to have to fork out some money for it. Polar HRMs are worth the money.