Better luck with calisthenics or cardio?

Options
I'm curious.
For the last two weeks, I've been nursing a sprained ankle, and it's been tough. I woke up the other day and weighed myself and I was right back at my starting weight. (granted, I was holding a lot of water due to hormones), but I'm wondering if I haven't built a bit of muscle too.
Since I hurt myself, I haven't been running. And before, when I was running, I would just run run run and not do weights, and eat my exercise calories.

Now, I find that I"m sweating just as much when I do calisthenics "with vigerous" effort. like lunges and push ups etc

So... here's the question. Has anyone gone from one and then to the other? What kind of luck did you have with either?

Replies

• mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm curious.
    For the last two weeks, I've been nursing a sprained ankle, and it's been tough. I woke up the other day and weighed myself and I was right back at my starting weight. (granted, I was holding a lot of water due to hormones), but I'm wondering if I haven't built a bit of muscle too.
    Since I hurt myself, I haven't been running. And before, when I was running, I would just run run run and not do weights, and eat my exercise calories.

Now, I find that I"m sweating just as much when I do calisthenics "with vigerous" effort. like lunges and push ups etc

So... here's the question. Has anyone gone from one and then to the other? What kind of luck did you have with either?
  • Kreanga1
    Kreanga1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Do your best to avoid injury. Cross Training is recomended by a lot of people. If you do just one thing your body can get "stale" or overtrained. Your body might also get too efficient and you won't burn as many calories. There are a ton of good exercises out there, You Tube shows you correct form. Look up movements like Hindu Squats and hindu push ups, different! Then also do something fun...karate, Tai chi, a sport- fun stuff that burns calories. Running is good, but its not the only thing and really not for everyone. Not everyone has the right build to run long distances without breaking down. Calisthenics are great...they do burn calories and that's the point. Stretch a lot afterwords! Good luck!