Your Opinion on PB2 and Chocolate PB2

Options
I just got one package of each and I'm still experimenting to see what I like (and don't) and how I like it best. What do you think about it? Is there anything good you're missing out of the regular peanut butter that you aren't getting from PB2 that you think is worth it?

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    No thanks. I LOVE Skippy PB.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a thing for Jif Creamy. That's why I thought I'd try this stuff and see what I thought. It doesn't replace it for me, but I think it is a lower calorie alternative for those days packing a "real" lunch would take too long!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    i buy smuckers chunky peanut butter it is the only natural peanut butter besides the really expensive ones that i can find without sugar.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love them! ...but I also hate regular peanut butter. Jiffy? GROSS. Skippy? Nope, no thanks. I've even tried the all natural peanut butter, and almond butter. I just don't like it.
  • Elliemisaurus
    Elliemisaurus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love love love real PB....but I like PB2 if I want to save some calories. It's nowhere near as good as the real thing, but nice to have around.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Love it. I flavor my oatmeal with regular PB2, and I use chocolate PB2 as a snack on crackers.
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I put in my morning shake every day! Great stuff!
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely prefer real fresh ground peanut butter, but do keep both PB2 and chocolate PB2 around. I use the the PB's in smoothies, oatmeal, mixed into Greek Yogurt and the PB2 for making an Asian style peanut sauce. I'll use regular peanut butter on rice cakes, toast, etc.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I mix each one with protein drinks so I only have to buy the vanilla flavor of my drink. It's like like getting 3 flavors in one package. I add ice and it makes a smoothie too.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Love PB2
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Love having my PB2 and PB2 Chocolate especially for recipes, protein shakes, fruit dip and even a sandwich. But occasionally I still just want a good ole Jim Creamy sandwich.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I eat regular PB on a daily basis but love PB2 for protein shakes.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I havent tried the original but I put the chocolate one in my shakes, and it is oh so good. Or I dip apples in it.
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It doesn't replace regular PB for me but I do like it in oatmeal or shakes and some baking. It saves calories.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    It is nice to have around, not as good as the real thing. it is great in shakes or in a lowfat peanut butter pie that I make. Amazing!

I ussually buy the low sodium Better 'N Peanut Butter. LOVE it.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    I use PB2 chocolate for shakes, or I use it as a dip for apples.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I prefer the real thing, but have used regular PB2 in both smoothies (great with vanilla whey and spinach) and in a delicious skinny peanut butter pie (see Skinny Taste)
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I've never tried PB2. I'm perfectly happy with any peanut butter containing nothing but peanuts and salt. Personally, I think the higher fat & calories in peanut butter are a GOOD thing because it keeps me from eating it more often than I should if I want to stick to my macros.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I prefer the real thing, but have used regular PB2 in both smoothies (great with vanilla whey and spinach) and in a delicious skinny peanut butter pie (see Skinny Taste)
    That's the pie I was referring to! It is so good!!
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of peanut butter (even before I started watching what I ate). I bought PB2 cuz it looked interesting. Sat in cupboard for longest time and now that I am eating more tofu, I use it for my peanut sauce on tofu and veggies. Love it! Going to have to find some more soon as the company is behind the demand.

Have used it in smoothies too.

As I said I don't eat peanut butter sandwiches but probably wouldn't use it as its kinda chore to mix up. But for what I use it for its awesome. Love the taste!