2 weeks smoke free and

Options

Replies

• melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, you're doing great! I'm on day 104 (last one was Thanksgiving) and at this point I really don't even miss it - which surprised me because in past attempts I have taken much longer to get to this point. You just have to be ready. Hang in there!
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of quitting again (quit when I was preg with my daughter and didn't start full force again until a couple months ago).. maybe we need us a quitter's club!
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I too was a heavy smoker....I started at 18, and 26 went from a few a day to a pack every other day...Today is number 5 of no smoking for me. It is hard, but trust me you can and will do it. Do something to distract you, and know I am super proud of you

chewing gum, going for a walk, even listening ot music or reading a book seems to help me
  • Jhs1987
    Jhs1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I quit 3 years ago - definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done. I know its hard - but the truth is, you've been through the worst part of it and if you smoke now, you will have to go through that all over again in order to quit. (that's what helped me get through the cravings)

^^^ THIS! If you have one now you will have to start over some other day and go through the hell of the two weeks smoke free you've already been through! I quit 14 years ago and my dad called it "the idiot factor" I've gone two weeks, I'd be an idiot to start again now. Keep drawing out the timeline... 2 week, one month, six months, one year, five years, whatever! I can hardly remember smoking now, you will be at that point someday as well! Good luck!!
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    just had to come and say CONGRATS....you are giving yourself the gift of life :flowerforyou: I waited till I had a third stroke before stopping and now have Buerger disease (smokers disease) I was to be amputated of my legs but they waited to see if they could save them by my quitting smoking and happy to say I still have my legs, can't walk more than 10 mins without pain but at least I still have them and have been smoke free now 13 years...I smoked for 42 years.....check up on Buerger's disease on Internet and I am sure you will never smoke again....please just say no stay strong...good luck:drinker:
  • mjn18
    mjn18 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm at a week quit but using an e-cig. I hope to ween myself off of that at some point. Congrats on cold turkey and I hope this is the last quit for both of us.
  • libbybond
    libbybond Posts: 36
    Options
    Congratulations! I still have nightmares I smoked on the weekend and couldn't quit on Monday. Don't give in. The hard part is over.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Quitting smoking and losing weight! It's like you are getting younger everyday!! You should be really proud of yourself!! I'm proud of you and I've never even met you!! :love:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I so want a cig....not going to have one but really two weeks cold turkey

Nicely done...don't give in. Here's my stats...and yes, it does get easier.

1348599600_2_20_USD_2.70_dark.png

I started this banner two days in...

I've also lost about 25 Lbs in that same time...it's tough, but definitely doable. Running has helped me a lot.

If you want your own, go here:

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on quitting smoking. Nicotine is a tricky little demon. It is finally out of your system after 3 days. To help you strengthen your resolve I would suggest reading Allen Carr's book, The easy way to quit smoking.

Keep at it, it does get easier. I quit over 2 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made in my life. FREEDOM!!!

:flowerforyou:

Shalom
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Yay for all of the quitters! I smoked for 10 years and have been smoke free for 8 years now! Best thing I ever did for myself and my family. It was tough at first and I still get the urge every once in a while. Many times I could have asked a friend for a drag or a cig but I know that if I have that 1 it will lead me to smoking again. It's hard but worth it to quit! Great job everyone!!!! You deserve to be SMOKE FREE!!!!!!!!! And your family does too!
  • joannek764
    Options
    I just passed my one-year anniversary of my quit date. It really does get easier - Congrats!!! Keep up the good work
  • ShelliePAwesome
    ShelliePAwesome Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey 5 months ago after 25 years of smoking. Listerine breath spray has been the best substitution for me. You are in the hardest time IMO.

Keep focusing on the money saved and how much easier it is to do cardio, now that you can breathe easier.

Stay strong! You have the hardest part behind you.
  • Cinabean
    Cinabean Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! Keep posting and typing about it. It'll keep your fingers busy and your mind engaged.

I have smoked off and on for YEARS. I quit for good this time on Christmas Day. My gift to myself. It has been hard, but whenever I get a craving, I go through all of the reasons why I wanted to quit. That helps. Ooooo...I'd kill for a smoke! Oh. Wait. If I do that, I'll smell like an ashtray. Oooo...just one drag. Wait. if I do that, then my heart pounds like crazy when I climb stairs. I miss the feel of smoking. Oh. Wait...now I don't have to stress about if I'm down to my last pack or not.

And so on, and so on.

Also, I wish you the best of luck b/c quitting smoking and trying to start eating better are hard to do at the same time. Not impossible, mind you, just difficult. I found tootsie pops to be a fairly low-cal and longer lasting way of satisfying the urge of the whole hand-to-mouth thing.

Finally (and for anyone reading this), if you have kids...it feels WAY WAY better to say "sure!" when they ask if you want to go shoot hoops or play outside instead of lurking shame-faced on the porch while they play and you smoke and watch. (I didn't smoke in my house...porch was my smoker's lounge).
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk! I am on day 15 of not smoking but I am using the patch! Add me and we can jones together!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    OP: Hang in there, YOU CAN DO THIS!

To all of us who have become non-smokers again:CONGRATULATIONS! You have successfully quit a drug that is more addictive than meth!

:drinker: 63 days smoke free here...if you have a smart phone check out the app by cessation nation that tallies all the health and wealth benefits since you've quit!
  • jtw1971
    jtw1971 Posts: 8
    Options
    I've decided to quit too..after 20 years. I'm taking Chantix...day 2. Good luck to you!
  • MsMel123
    MsMel123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I quit two weeks after I bought my first IPhone. I will tell you this much...I picked up that phone and played games everytime I wanted a cigarette. I also have a drink of water at my side always. I take a drink of water like every 3 minutes. Still to this day almost 3 yrs later. It is not just the chemical addiction but the physical aspect of smoking. Reaching now for my water bottle has literally saved me. My brother told me to do the water bottle. He said carry it everywhere you go. Pack an ice chest if need be. But don't leave home without it. You know what it really helped. I smoked a pack a day for 35 years and quit cold turkey this time. I had quit 3-4 times prior but always failed. I hated myself everytime I was back into it full swing. I still take it one day at a time. I pray I never smoke again. It has killed so many of my family members. Good luck honey. Just never take another puff. You will be happy.
    www.whyquit.com
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    hang in there! It is tough, but so worth it. I have been smoke free for about 7 years. There are still some days, that I swear I could eat a pack of them! But you just get thru it. The money saved and your health are so worth it. You will never regret it!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I do hope you make it. You'll never regret stopping, but you most certainly would regret re-starting. I don't understand why people do that (restart).