10 down 150 to go

Options
Hi All,

I'm new to MFP and i'm trying something a little different this time. I've been on a lot of diets, lost a lot of weight, and put it all back on with room for growth. 2 weeks ago I was the heaviest I've ever been and it was really obnoxious. We went to Disney World and I couldn't fit in many of the seats. I was uncomfortable walking around; sore knees and feet, chaffing. :( Also I'm apparently starting to develop sleep apnea and I just found out I have a little one on the way. So I need to make this diet stick this time. No more yoyo'ing. Maybe leveraging the social aspect of a site like this will help. I'd love to hear from anyone that has suggestions on making this the last diet I ever do.

All the best,
Frank

Replies

• TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hello there and welcome to MFP
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This site is awesome. There are alot of great people here for support who are into living healthy and NOT dieting. There are no quick fixes. Its just one day at a time. I have some pals who are amazing and their success helps me get motivated and helps keep me on track. OMG, some of them even take the time to look at my diary and offer ideas! Also helps to look at their diaries for food ideas.

For me its all about 1 day at a time, committing ea. day and going from there. I didn't gain this weight in a few months, going to take a while to get it off and its ok. Its just a part of my lifestyle now.

Just commit to logging your food and going from there. I did food only for a few months then started making a commitment to working out, still an effort but I feel stronger, my balance is better and my knees and feet no longer hurt!

Went on vacation last March and was in so much pain from walking miles each day I was really disgusted with myself, course I didn't do anything until Sept. but next vacation I am going to enjoy! Remembering how the pain kept me from enjoying Chicago helps motivate me too.