hi i an new and had a bad day

Options
hi i am new to this my aim is to lose one stone as i am getting married i had a bad food day today i walk the dog this morning and tonight for 20 mins each i sit at a desk all day
hopefully i can lose the weight by april thanks

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a calorie deficit?
  • secyatlaw
    secyatlaw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One bad day does not a lifetime make; tomorrow is a new start! That's what I've learned.
  • Mayra_121
    Mayra_121 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I believe the important thing is to not beat yourself up when you have a bad day, we just have to accept that tomorrow is going to be better and that it is difficult for us to make changes especially when one is already used to a certain lifestyle. A positive mindset is key for you to make the changes that you want to able to reach your goal! Good luck!!! =)
  • dgljones
    dgljones Posts: 89
    Options
    Congratulations on getting married.
    When is the wedding? Or put another way how long before you want to have lost the 14lb?
    Also how tall are you and what do you weigh?
    Never worry if you made a bad decision, just don't put off until the next day getting back on track. Get up from the desk and invent a reason to walk to the other side of the office and back a few times.
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    one bad day isn't the end of the world. it is a chance to re focus your effort and remind yourself why you are doping what you are doing, the day isn't over yet either, that second walk could be 40 minutes instead of 20, and at a little bit faster pace than you normally do. One other thing to consider is that if you are new to this, and you are already aware of when you have a bad day food wise, that is part of your learning curve, and understanding what type of foods will help you hit your goals is a BIG deal. keep your head up, and rock on.

cheers
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Eat at a reasonable deficit, move a bit more, and be patient.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Eat at a reasonable deficit, move a bit more, and be patient.

^^This....exactly this.
  • lildewdrop27
    lildewdrop27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, you're allowed an off day, make yourself an exercise diary that you can shuffle up each time, and do the one it says, mix it up and keep it interesting so you want to do it, try and use your interests too! For example, mine is hula hooping, jump roping, Zumba, jazz dance, tap dancing, the broadway workout, surfer girl workout, tennis, swimming, bike rides etc, I also like to choreograph my own routines which is fun and gets your heart pumping, incorporate some sports and you've got a big choice! You need to make it your own, otherwise it's a chore :-D good luck!
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Whatever you ate - it's okay, it happens. Just don't let it lead to ' I've already blown it so I might as well eat another 5000 calories.' write it down, chalk it up to experice and go forward. You'll lose the weight you need to by simply sticking with this!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You can't undo today but it''s only one day. Tomorrow choose to be healthy. I only joined today and am only just starting to choose to be healthy. Let's you and I "pinkie swear" to choose health all day tomorrow!
  • bblumenstock
    bblumenstock Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm also new to this and having a really hard time trying to get motivated today - I think it helps knowing others have bad days also. Good Luck and hang in there - we CAN do this :->
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Eat at a small deficit and move. That's it.
  • AnneEngland1958
    Options
    I saw something the other day about someone who'd invented a pause card. Literally a card with a pause button printed on it. Every time you think you want to eat something unhealthy or something you want to avoid, you take the card out and press 'pause'. It gives you space to think whether you need it. You could print your own - or just have an imaginary pause button that you press every time this happens.

I too had a bad day and ate chocolate today. I've had several bad days and lots of days off but despite that, last year I lost nearly two-and-a-half stones. After gaining some weight around Christmas, I'm now back down to my lowest weight from last year, and I have only about 3lb to go. So, you can have bad days, but you get past them and move on. Have a good day straight after, do more exercise, don't worry about it. You'll lose that weight!
  • Loreesb
    Loreesb Posts: 5
    Options
    I love the pinky swear idea!!!
  • Loreesb
    Loreesb Posts: 5
    Options
    You can't undo today but it''s only one day. Tomorrow choose to be healthy. I only joined today and am only just starting to choose to be healthy. Let's you and I "pinkie swear" to choose health all day tomorrow!
  • clairelindy
    clairelindy Posts: 68 Member
    Options

i pinkie swear tomorrow will be a healthy day thanks