Drinking 8 glasses of water - the new p90x

Options
as in... its making me go PEE 90x a day!!. Is this normal? should I be worried that aliens abuducted my bladder :(

Replies

• julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Drink when you're thirsty. If your pee is pale yellow, you're hydrated. No need to be running to the bathroom constantly.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    lol, very clever!

No need to worry. Over time, your body will adapt to the increase in fluid and drinking 8 glasses will become an easy habit to maintain (or at least I find), but you will probably continue to pee more than before.

Anytime I go anywhere, I typically need to pee upon arrival. My boyfriend jokes that I'm marking my territory. I can go a few hours without going, but yeah, it does seem like it's all the time.

Hang in there, it's a great habit and has most likely contributed to my loss thus far.
  • fungaaron9880
    Options
    Drink when you're thirsty. If your pee is pale yellow, you're hydrated. No need to be running to the bathroom constantly.

..wait.. so I dont have to force myself to drink 8glasses per day if im "hydrated"? i mean it makes sense kinda.. but I have always been told to drink a min of 8 glasses per day and right now...its just passing right thru me. almost debating setting up my computer near the loo so I dont hafta constantly keep getting up. But then again on bright side i guess i can count it as exercise :P
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I drink a lot more than 8 glasses a day...factor in the coffee, tea, other things I drink that are not water and that's a lot of fluid!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    OK, that's funny!
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It is a great way to force you to get up and walk to the bathroom (if you have a desk job).
  • eloisemonteiro
    eloisemonteiro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Go pee, it's good for you :laugh:
    You haven't start to wake up 3 times during the night to go to the bathroom yet :laugh:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options

..wait.. so I dont have to force myself to drink 8glasses per day if im "hydrated"? i mean it makes sense kinda.. but I have always been told to drink a min of 8 glasses per day and right now...its just passing right thru me. almost debating setting up my computer near the loo so I dont hafta constantly keep getting up. But then again on bright side i guess i can count it as exercise :P

As long as you're not thirsty, you're fine.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

"Generally if you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and produce 1.5 liters (6.3 cups) or more of colorless or light yellow urine a day, your fluid intake is probably adequate."

Also, it doesn't have to be water:

"Just keep in mind that the rule should be reframed as: "Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," because all fluids count toward the daily total."
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    So...

I drink 2 gallons a day.

Stop complaining, it's good for you.
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Go pee, it's good for you :laugh:
    You haven't start to wake up 3 times during the night to go to the bathroom yet :laugh:

If I can sleep 8 hours straight without having to pee I know I'm not drinking as much water as usual! I find that it is a nice "excuse" to get up from my desk, although I always wait until I'm doing the peepee dance to finally go.
  • fungaaron9880
    Options
    So...

I drink 2 gallons a day.

Stop complaining, it's good for you.

:P not complaining.. was more worried then anything else that i had some bladder problems
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Lol. I try to drink 3+ liters of water a day, and I sometimes have to pee a lot as well. It's not necessary to load yourself up with water; however, H20 is my beverage of choice most of the time anyway. Not only do I feel like it keeps my kidneys in prime working order, but I've noticed that it also really helps in moving my weight loss along. I consistently lose more weight faster if I drink tons of water. But if you feel like it's just too much for you, or you don't like having to visit the bathroom so often, I'm sure it's fine to cut back a bit, or space it out more.
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I drink a gallon a day now. In the beginning I was getting up and going pee all the time. people would come by my desk and ask where is she and my co-workers woudl say in the bathroom, again! Your body will get used to it and you shouldnt have to pee as often. :drinker: