Help with computer problem

Options
Jessi_Brooks
Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
Yesterday I transferred some photos from my digital camera into a folder on my computer. Now when I try to open the folder it stops responding, and I usually have to manually shut off the computer. If I try to upload these photos to facebook or photobucket those sites stop responding.

Ive done a disk check, defragmented my computer, and ran a virus scan. Ive also turned off all but the basic Microsoft start up programs and the problem still happens.

Im confused.. anyone able to help?

Replies

• ericmessier
    ericmessier Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It seems like the files didn't transfer fully. I would try transferring them again.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    *looking at profile pic

ummm, send dem to meh, I'll check'em out for ya

lol
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options
    I cant... it appeared like they were fully transferred fine, so I deleted them off my camera.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    naked-gun-facepalm.gif
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options
    lol

:ohwell:
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    try in safe mode?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,085 Member
    Options
    I learned a similar lesson one time. Or was it three times? :ohwell:
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'd be more than happy to take some more photos of you in various poses :-)
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options
    Ahh... I finally try to organize my photos and put them in proper folders, then remove them from my camera and this happens... clearly my files are meant to stay a jumbled mess..

Anyone know of a good program to search for which files are the corrupt ones, so I dont have to delete all of them?
  • ericmessier
    ericmessier Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I cant... it appeared like they were fully transferred fine, so I deleted them off my camera.
    Unwanted-Gift.gif
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    what format are the photos in? .jpg or .raw? if they're .raw most programs won't read them.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,085 Member
    Options
    Well, if you took the pictures with your camera, doubt they were corrupt...Do the pictures open individually?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    what format are the photos in? .jpg or .raw? if they're .raw most programs won't read them.
    good question. What kind of camera? If it's a .raw/.nef/etc... FB doesn't understand that format.

if the image files are still on your hard drive, how big are they? what's the file size?
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    install a free file recovery tool from download.com plug in the sd card/camera and try to recover the deleted files. if you haven't taken more pictures they should still be there in good shape
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options

They are jpeg
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options
    Well, if you took the pictures with your camera, doubt they were corrupt...Do the pictures open individually?

No, the pictures dont open individually. Sometimes just opening the folder causes it to stop responding, without even clicking on a picture.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Easeus Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition will recover up to 1 GB for free. I have used it in a pinch before. there are several others.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    See if you can transfer them to a flash drive (without opening the folder) and then see if they open on another machine.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options
    Easeus Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition will recover up to 1 GB for free. I have used it in a pinch before. there are several others.

Thanks I will try that.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options
    See if you can transfer them to a flash drive (without opening the folder) and then see if they open on another machine.

Ive tried transferring them to an SD card, it only transferred some photos then froze up.