new here also...

Options
Hello I am new and I have Diabetes and am having a hard time with my food... I have about 40 more lbs to shed and this place looks like it could be lots of help....

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great website! I have about 50lbs to go! :flowerforyou:
  • madelynsgran
    Options
    I have already lost about 20 lbs . I hate counting carbs and watching everything I eat. Todat was not a good day. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great site i have about 18 lbs
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I hope you'll find it'll be just what you need.
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    welcome, this site is great, it helps you become aware of what you are putting in your body and exercise as well. Buddy up with people for motivation. It helps.:heart:
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    Welcome! I have learned A LOT since joining MFP. For the 1st time in my life (I have always been heavy) I honestly believe I can lose the weight I have been wanting to lose for so long. My husband is also a diabetic...I wish I could get him on the MFP wagon, but he is content letting his meds (including insulin shots) do all the work for him. And as ana70, buddying up with others really helps.

Trisha
  • busyiam
    busyiam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • madelynsgran
    Options
    Thanks... I do need a buddy. I lost the first 20 really fast and now it is slow go... I will be gone all week with work and not sure if I will have access to a computer so I may not get to post till Friday. I leave tomorrow around 3...
  • vmedina21
    vmedina21 Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome I just opened an account today. It makes me nervous!! I dont want to let myself down.
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Hello I am new and I have Diabetes and am having a hard time with my food... I have about 40 more lbs to shed and this place looks like it could be lots of help....

:flowerforyou: Welcome! :flowerforyou: One of my biggest fears about being overweight is Diabetes and thats one , of many, reasons I'm on here. I know with all the support, we can all get to a healthy weight and hopefully live a healthier life style.
    Good luck with your weight loss, and remember, we'll all in this together.:smile:
  • genann
    Options
    Welcome I just opened an account today. It makes me nervous!! I dont want to let myself down.

:flowerforyou: Welcome, you'll do just fine.
  • sunglasses
    Options
    new here also. I know writing my food intake and logging my exercise will keep my accountable.
  • genann
    Options
    new here also. I know writing my food intake and logging my exercise will keep my accountable.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: