Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    77 hours and counting....
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    This march 19th coming up is a year for me. Congrats you CAN do this!!
  • Mollie1224
    Options
    It gets SO much easier--just hang in there! I smoked 2 packs a day for 30 years--and it was hands down the dumbest thing I ever did (I've done some pretty dumb things, too, lol!). I tried to quit a couple o f times and always relapsed-until I realized that my nicotine addiction was like a tapeworm (I know--that's gross, but if you think about it...). By quitting smoking, I was starving it. IF I "fed" it by taking even one puff of a cigarette, it--and my addiction--would come back to life If I didn't smoke, it would eventually die. So far, that's worked like a charm--I can honestly say that I never even really think about smoking anymore. Hope that helps--and that you're able to stick with it. You'll be SO glad that you did!
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! I'm 4 days from my 8 month mark. It really does get easier from where you're at. I quit cold turkey last July 16th. I sitll want one sometimes, but I realize it's not worth it. It hasn't bothered me, being around people smoking, up until just a few weeks ago. I went to get my hair cut and the girl cutting my hair absolutely reeked of it. It was so bad that I almost asked for a different beautician. I just stuck it out, but it sure was hard! Good luck and don't give in!!!!
  • Eabec
    Eabec Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I still crave them even 8 months later but as soon as I identify the craving...its already gone. Hang in there.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am six years smoke free, and it was the best decision of my life. You can do this!! :flowerforyou:
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    29 days, 14 hrs, 17 minutes since I put out my last cig :) Best thing ever. I find when I am hungry, it feels like a craving for a cigarette. I can ignore that feeling a lot easier than hunger, so it's working to by benefit.

So keep going, you will never regret quitting!
  • JenniNBond
    JenniNBond Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've decided to quit too..after 20 years. I'm taking Chantix...day 2. Good luck to you!

Please be careful with that - have someone you love monitor your moods. I know people who it worked really great for - but I'm one that had the moodiness and issues with depression. Good Luck!
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    13 years next month since I quit smoking..smoked for 41 years...you can do it...and you will feel sooooo much better.:flowerforyou:
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    77 hours and counting....

NICE!!! I was 8 years quit as of March 8th!!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I posted this days ago and still smoke free :-). Gained 8 lbs in two weeks ughhh but smoke free
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! After the first 3 weeks it gets so much easier and then after 3 months, you're pretty much in the clear! I just hit 2 1/2 years (also cold turkey) and I'm so glad I did! It gets easier! Promise!
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, you'll be glad one day. The cravings get less and less as time goes buy, keep that in mind. Congrats on the two weeks, that's awesome.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your overall health and well-being. Hang in there. It generally gets a little easier each day (once you get past that X day/week sticking point). Be especially careful to avoid your "triggers" until you're confident you can overcome them. (Personally, I had to stop drinking for a while as it derailed my "stop smoking" efforts many times.)
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I feel I'm cheating by using an e-cig and I'm unwilling to celebrate this as a victory yet but I havent had an actual cigarette since Jan 24th.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I've been coughing up lungbutter all day - not fun or delicious. Don't do it. Just take a walk. One decision at a time. Godspeed!