Need to increase my calorie intake, help needed!

Options
I have been following Jamie Easons Live Fit program and its amazing. Now that i'm two weeks in with Phase 2, I need to start eating a lot more. I need an intake of 1680 Calories on low days ( shoulders, arms & abs ) and 1980 Calories on high days ( chest, legs & back ). Can anyone help me how I can go about getting that much calories in!! I want to continue eating clean, and I am having a hard time finding options that are high in calories, but still considered as 'clean' foods. Is it a good idea to maybe have protein bars throughout the day ? ( If so please name me some good ones! And what about home made, better for you?? ). I do drink my Dymatize ISO 100 protein shake post workout with water. Maybe increase the intake?

I would really appreciate some feedback/ideas!!:heart:

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    most nuts are a good source of protein that are fairly high calorie but still clean.
    peanut or almond butter?
    A pesto made with olive oil and/or walnuts?
    How about avocados, or some nice hummus with extra olive oil?
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I agree. Get some good fats in there and I always bang on about it but Greek Yoghurt is great, go full fat not 0%.

When I am low on my cals for the day I usually have a cup of full fat fage Total yoghurt with 1/2 peice of fresh fruit in in (peach, mango or similar stone fruit/berries) and 1/4 cup of toasted oats. It's about 220 calories and full of protien and carbs. Just that the body needs! :)
  • FitnessLondon2013
    Options
    most nuts are a good source of protein that are fairly high calorie but still clean.
    peanut or almond butter?

This. Calorie dense, easy to eat. Good source of fats.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    peanut or almond butter?

This. Calorie dense, easy to eat. Good source of fats.

This exactly and I'll also add that it will be difficult to buy pre-made protein bars that are clean but there are heaps of recipes about where you can make your own bars/balls/cookies
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    there are many "clean foods" the are calorie dense. Organic PB, almond butter, avocados, coconut oil, olives. sweet potaos the list goes on
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    If you want a creamy treat and do not mind some real sugar Noosa yogurt is a creamy, yummy dream.
  • FitnessLondon2013
    Options
    Sweet Potatoes are calorie dense?! I eat like 5 a day of those, lol!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This is helpful and great ideas here!
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    BEEF JERKY, always the way to go. Or just eat a turkey or something.
  • Scottjt
    Scottjt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Pizza, chocolate, cheese, chips, doughnuts, ice cream, crisps. If you have calories and fat extra then enjoy it. As long as you're hitting your macro goals and getting enough fibre and micronutrients you can eat whatever you want.
    There's no such thing as 'clean' or 'healthy' foods, just the right amount of nutrients. Plus avocados are gross.