Workout before Weigh in?

Options
This may be a silly question, but I have a weigh in tonight, should I work out before or will that cause me to weigh more? Thanks everyone, I know the answer will be here.

Replies

• bzeisig
    bzeisig Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I normally gain water weight while and right after exercise, so I weigh before exercising.
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Whether you do it before or after exercise, make it consist. Try and weigh yourself at the same time of day every time you check in.
  • KellyOnlySmaller
    KellyOnlySmaller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When I was weighing in weekly, I always exercised first. I called it my 'last chance workout,' like on The Biggest Loser ;) I know, I know... but it motivated me!

I always lost 1-2lbs after a sweaty cardio pre-weigh-in workout. Hope that helps :)

Kelly
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Whether you do it before or after exercise, make it consist. Try and weigh yourself at the same time of day every time you check in.

I agree with this. Typically I weigh myself in the mornings, but if you are doing a specific program or weight watchers or something, try to keep you workouts on weigh-in day similar so you aren't taking in more water than usual, etc.
  • sabrinalgabel
    Options
    I workout before my weigh ins and I usually lose 1lb to 2lbs. I think it depends on the person and how much water you drink too of course
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Here's my dirty secret:

I'm currently part of a "Biggest Loser" challenge at work and weigh-ins are mondays at noon. Usually, before I work out, I will drink a lot of water, and then have a water bottle with me during my session. For a couple of my Monday weigh-ins, I've skipped the water before and during my workout, and I'll drop 1.5 lbs during a workout for the weigh-in, . . . and then guzzle my water afterwards.
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.