First NSV

Options
I joined MFP on February 20th. I have made some attempts in the past to lose weight, but after a couple weeks I give up! This time a bunch of my "Real Life" friends are losing weight, becoming more fit etc. It makes a huge difference to have friends doing the same thing...Anyways today was my first victory :) the scale has been leaving me a little disappointed, only lost 3 lbs so far and that was all in the first week :( I checked my measurements today and have lost 2 inches at the waist and 2.5 at the hips!!!! it isn't much, but it gave me a little hope :) I love reading about everyones success on here, really motivates me. I find myself wondering if I am actually going to get there too. It's an exciting thought. Hope everyone is having a fun and healthy day :)

Replies

• babams
    babams Posts: 15
    Options
    What?!?! Not much of a success. Losing 4.5" is a great success!
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My thoughts EXACTLY!! Give yourself some credit, that is amazing.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What?!?! Not much of a success. Losing 4.5" is a great success!

Thats exactly what I told her today!! Losing inches to me is better then losing lbs!! Super proud of you for sticking with it and for posting this! Congrats on ur first NSV!
  • Staycee1980
    Staycee1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I look forward to NSVs more than weigh-ins...who cares what number you get on the scale when you can feel the difference in your clothes, body and overall health. Way to go my dear, I'm SO proud of you!
  • MichelleRoseMurphy
    Options
    Thanks guys, sometimes I guess I need someone else to tell me it's working because I am worried about getting my hopes up and being disappointed. But I guess even though I still have a lot of inches to lose this is a good start!!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!