Over sugar allowance

Options
Hello, First time I've posted. Does anyone else have the same problem of blowing your sugar allowance by breakfast? I weigh everything and buy the lowest fat / sugar I can find but still manage to go over. My Muesli. yogurt , mixed berries and half cup of skim milk adds up to 29 g when my allowance is 24g How do other people manage this?

Replies

• SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't really track sugar....one large apple can have 24 grams of sugar. I eat apples pretty frequently. Maybe try to limit added sugar instead of total sugar?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to monitor your sugar intake, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • weightingtobloom
    weightingtobloom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have that problem. I don't worry about sugar from fruits and veggies because your body reacts differently to that kind. Besides, there's no way you should limit fresh produce! As long as you aren't blowing it with added sugar I think it's fine.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    MFP has a ridiculously low sugar allowance... I wouldn't take any notice of it. Ax
  • fIashforward
    fIashforward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My main source of sugar is in tea so I usually go above it, but I rarely bother about anything other than calories, and I've lost almost 20lbs on MFP doing it like that so far :)
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The sugar allowance on MFP is nuts, and I ignore it. If I didn't I'd have to cut out fruit, which is clearly wrong
  • carissawhitworth
    Options
    I ignore sugar completely as long I know it is coming from a natural clean source such as fruits, veggies, honey, male syrup, stevia, or organic forms of it. If you are eating processed foods with added sugars then I would deff limit those. You should also always buy plain non fat ypggurt and sweeten it yourself using stevia or honey.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    If you're getting sugar from natural sources that your body can use...fruit like your berries, and have no medical issues..don't worry! You might check on your yogurt to see if there are better options, some have added sugars.