GOOD EXCERCISE?? HELP

Options
hello. i am 18 years old, 5'11 and want to have a completely flat stomach! have you got any advice? i have started eating less but now need some good excercise i can do at home, press ups etc to help stomachs? any ideas please help i have a constant food baby!

Replies

• DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    give some of the work out DVDs a go :)
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi Milly, I recommend running. You can do as much abs training as you like but unless you do cardio, you won't burn off that layer of fat and see the muscle. You don't realise it but when running you work your abs and core A LOT. Hope this helps. Ax
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Anything that will strengthen your core, but dont forget about you back. If you lay on the floor face downwith your arms straight out in front of you and try to lift them and your legs off the ground, it will work your back really well, which will help with your tummy at the same time.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce, but Burpees really seem to work for me overall.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    eat clean.

Abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. Cut out process foods and you will notice a difference, if you can't cut everything (because that is really really tough) try to cut out bread and items containing wheat.

All the running and crunches in the world are not going to out work a bad diet.
  • omaisilver
    Options
    Good exercise is exercise that you DO.

You cannot spot train, and it's better to work your entire body anyway. You need to focus on burning fat before your abs will even start to show, so that should be your first priority. Biking, power-walking, and running are all great options for doing some cardio without having to invest in a gym membership or machine. Work-out DVD's are great, too!