Question about calorie intake.

Options
I read the In place of a road map article, I have a Bodymedia arm band and I burn between 2800 and 3300 calories a day depending on my workout. I have been trying to eat 1200 a day with some of my exercise calories too. So my question is should I try to eat 80% of my TDEE. That would be around 2240 0r if i would go 200 or 300 under I would still be at 1940. I just want to make sure I understood that right. I didnt really lose last week..

Replies

• DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    we posted within seconds of each other and both have dang body media questions. glad I am not the only one out there who is a little lost!

ps you're not eating enough at 1200. i think its supposed to be <25%> of tdee which is about 500 calories less. mine is 584 calorie.
  • tonna62181
    tonna62181 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OK thanks for you advice. How much do you burn a day. My friend said mine seems high, But I think bodymedia is pretty accurate.
  • DoxieLove10612
    Options
    When I first got it I thought the same. Then I put on my trusted old Nike Plus and did a mile on the treadmill-and sure enough they were only a few calories different. My coworker says his mimicks the calculations from his heart rate monitor. It's a neat device for sure I just know I'm clueless as to how much I should be eating and I don't sync mine till 9 am. There's the whole eat back your exercise calories but its not like I'm logging 45 minutes of spin. Is that a concern for you? I wa eating 1200 and lost nothing so upped it and am thinking 1500 is too low as well. Seems like simple math, eat less burn more weigh less but my body is apparently not good at math lol
  • tonna62181
    Options
    Haha ya i think thats my main concern too. Not eating the right amount. I think i am going to start eating my workout calories because i did weight watchers before and i always ate my activity points and sometimes my extra weekly points. So i decided i am not going to stress. I may not eat all of them, but i will eat some of them:)
  • DoxieLove10612
    Options
    hide your scale! That was the biggest thing. mine numbers fluctuated between 3 pounds for 3 weeks. I almost gave up but then I hid my scale....a week later I am down some lbs.
  • scarrie2
    scarrie2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I shoot for about 1/2 of my exercise calories. Although I am really not good about calorie control :(. But I think that is a good guideline, unless you are not doing strenuous exercise. I run & do elliptical on my off days, so I make sure I take in a little extra. The Firm wants you do take in 1400 cal a day, and their circuit training is only 20 min long. Hope that helps.
  • tonna62181
    Options
    Ok thanks ladies sounds like a plan. I will hide my scale too:)