I got my motivation back.....

Options
twinmom430
twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
after 5 long months...of being in a rut, I'm BACK! I still logged in every day...but I just lost the "spark"....I think it was the fact that I hit a plateau and it just got out of control. I started snacking again, not weighing my food....luckily the 60 lbs I lost prior to this rut I didn't gain back, just fluctuated 5 lbs back and forth. The only thing I lost was motivation.
But in the last week or so, I got it back...it took a long time, but I'm back at it. I see how easy it is to fall into old habits. Although I never went for the fries, candy, cookies etc....I wasn't wtaching the amounts I was eating. Anyway just wanted to say, anyone that lost motivation, don't let it sidetrack you....it will come back. :) Good luck!!

Replies

• ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So happy you stayed with us! You are not alone,, feeling like I am getting back to --- 61 pounds-- AWESOME! And not gaining that back, THAT is indeed an NSV!
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up!
  • MichelleRoseMurphy
    MichelleRoseMurphy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job for keeping all that weight off while you took a break. I have lost motivation in the past and gained back my weight. This time I am going to stick to it no matter what! You are ready now and you will be right back in the swing of things in no time :) good luck and good health :)
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this today, because this is the 4th day that I got off track! I don't know what is wrong with me!
  • HelensReady
    Options
    welcome back and wow 61lbs off and you've kept it off these past few months :) I am also back after nearly 2 years tho...stayed the same but now I really need to lose the 65lbs I gained after major surgery! to begin with anyway :(
    really glad your motivation returned...here's to mine returning too :)))
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how badly I needed to hear this right now. I have been in a no motivation rut since just after the Holidays. I am getting married in 4-1/2 months in.....Hawaii!! You got me going girl, good luck!
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how badly I needed to hear this right now. I have been in a no motivation rut since just after the Holidays. I am getting married in 4-1/2 months in.....Hawaii!! You got me going girl, good luck!

So glad I could help!!! Sometimes it help to hear from someone in the same situation to know you aren't alone. I don't know what my problem was, just lost motivation along the way....but I still didn't give up. I easily could have gained all 60 lbs back.....but luckily I caught myself before I fell into those bad habits....and I owe it to MFP and the wonder friends I've made along the way. Good luck!!!
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options

So glad I could help!!! Sometimes it help to hear from someone in the same situation to know you aren't alone. I don't know what my problem was, just lost motivation along the way....but I still didn't give up. I easily could have gained all 60 lbs back.....but luckily I caught myself before I fell into those bad habits....and I owe it to MFP and the wonder friends I've made along the way. Good luck!!!

YaaaY!! I'm friending you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!