Chocolate tofu pudding

Options
Showmm
Showmm Posts: 406 Member
I've made this a few times and MFP friends have asked about it, so I thought I'd share it with everyone. It's easy to make, VERY rich, chocolately pudding and less than 130 calories per serving. It tastes nothing of tofu!

One package of silken firm tofu. My package is 349 grams.
40 grams good cocoa powder. This was about 3 heaped tablespoons.
40 grams of brown sugar stevia mix. This is a common ingredient in the UK, (Tate & Lyle, Light at Heart Stevia Mix). If you don't have the same, try subbing 20 grams brown sugar and 10 grams pure stevia.

I used a food processor and blitzed it all together until smooth. You could do it by hand or in a bowl with a mixer.

Using this recipe, I made 4 portions and they were 129 calories each. I'm sure you could save a bit more by using low-fat cocoa or 100% sugar substitute, but I make no guarantees for the taste. What I made tastes great!

Replies

• MishaKudo
    MishaKudo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I keep wanting to try tofu and this sounds like a good way to start! :D Thanks for sharing <3
  • Showmm
    Options
    My pleasure. :smile:
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing . :)
  • conniefontes
    Options
    Sounds yummy, will have to try it....speaking of tofu I once made a cheesecake and substituted 1 block of cream cheese for tofu and you honestly could not taste the difference.
  • TrishyWest
    TrishyWest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am so trying this!
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I've made this a few times and MFP friends have asked about it, so I thought I'd share it with everyone. It's easy to make, VERY rich, chocolately pudding and less than 130 calories per serving. It tastes nothing of tofu!

One package of silken firm tofu. My package is 349 grams.
    40 grams good cocoa powder. This was about 3 heaped tablespoons.
    40 grams of brown sugar stevia mix. This is a common ingredient in the UK, (Tate & Lyle, Light at Heart Stevia Mix). If you don't have the same, try subbing 20 grams brown sugar and 10 grams pure stevia.

I used a food processor and blitzed it all together until smooth. You could do it by hand or in a bowl with a mixer.

Using this recipe, I made 4 portions and they were 129 calories each. I'm sure you could save a bit more by using low-fat cocoa or 100% sugar substitute, but I make no guarantees for the taste. What I made tastes great!

i just made this last week and my hubby LOVED it. i used sugar free instant chocolate pudding mix and tofu, mixed with a handmixer. it was a quick last minute dessert for us. will have to try this with cocoa powder.
  • RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    this sounds delicious, I'm going to have to try it this week, thanks for posting!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Success w/o silken?
  • Showmm
    Options
    I think if you only have or want to use firm tofu, not silken, you will lose out a bit on the creamy texture. If you put the firm tofu into the food processor on its own at first to break it down as much as possible, it might be ok, but it still might not be as smooth as otherwise, which I personally would find weird in pudding.
  • shella_bella
    Options
    bump, thanks!
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bump!