Quizno'sTzatziki Dressing

Options
So i went to Quizno's today and thought i was ordering really well by getting the Meditterean Salad with the Tzatziki sauce and when i was logging it i surely thought the calories were wrong becuase i was blown away by how many calories were in a 2 ounce container! 260 calories!! Thats more than in Blue Cheese! How can this be?

Replies

• Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    Short answer? Non-skim animal fats.

Feel free to correct me anyone.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i just dont want it to be that vegetable oil base or that high fructose corn syrup stuff. im okay if its healthy fats but i cant seem to find a list of ingredients just the nutritional content online.
  • Tom_Jones74
    Options
    i just dont want it to be that vegetable oil base or that high fructose corn syrup stuff. im okay if its healthy fats but i cant seem to find a list of ingredients just the nutritional content online.

I know people will assume I'm being a jerk by saying this but you really didn't try hard at all. Google provided over half a million answers. If you have to, pick up a container of it and look at the ingredients.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I know people will assume I'm being a jerk by saying this but you really didn't try hard at all. Google provided over half a million answers. If you have to, pick up a container of it and look at the ingredients.

Actually I can't find the info online either. Just the calories (and omg all the fat). But yes unfortunately I'm sure there is junk in it. I saw there were soybean allergens in it, that can't be really good.

When I order dressing now I specify that I want low fat, to avoid any confusion.
  • Tom_Jones74
    Options
    Tzatziki is basically:

Strained yogurt (usually from sheep or goat milk) mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, olive oil, and sometimes lemon juice, and dill or mint or parsley.

If that fast food chain is serving anything other than this, it's not Tzatziki. It's dressing, and you should probably just skip it as opposed to trying to find out what it's made of .
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. appreciate the helpful and not so helpful replies