juicing

Options
NoisyVision
NoisyVision Posts: 53 Member
My husband isn't on MFP but he is now wanting to do something about his weight. he wants to do the juicing diet . I know he has great willpower and can do this. I will be doing it with him.... this being said do any of you know good recipes ? I want to try and make sure we get protein and such while also having both just fruits and veggies I don't want to add any extra powders, at least at first.

My husband doesn't like a lot of vegetables so if there is recipes to kind of mask the really green taste that would be helpful too. I know he will get use to the taste of things after a few days. So any recipes are good too...I like just about any thing.

Replies

• erb952
    erb952 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Look on the SkinnyMs website. That's where I got a lot of my recipes from for juicing. My personal favorite -- 1 cup coconut milk, 1 cup spinach, 1 banana. It was phenomenal!

Good luck!!
  • grammietimes3
    Options
    My favorite and daily juice is cucumber, celery, kale, apple and a lemon. Be sure to peel the lemon but leave the white stuff. Have you guys watched Fat Sick And Nearly Dead?
  • NoisyVision
    Options
    My favorite and daily juice is cucumber, celery, kale, apple and a lemon. Be sure to peel the lemon but leave the white stuff. Have you guys watched Fat Sick And Nearly Dead?

Yes, I have seen it and he just watched it . he looked into it and such after the movie and decided he should go for it.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Will you post final results and tell us about your experience when finished? I would love to juice one day.
  • NoisyVision
    Options
    quote]
    Will you post final results and tell us about your experience when finished? ld love to juice one day.
    [/quote]
    Yes ,I hope to keep a blog on here . . .at least weekly.
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My favorite morning recipe is:

4 carrots
    1 apple or pear
    1 lemon

Something easy to start off with without the "veggie" taste.

I found all my recipes through this website: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/recipes/

Good luck to you guys!
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 1 sweet potato, 1 orange and 1 cup of pineapple..
  • erb952
    erb952 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 1 sweet potato, 1 orange and 1 cup of pineapple..

i don't have a juicer. only a blender. thoughts on the best way to blend up a sweet potato?
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The fat sick and nearly dead website has some juice recipes on it