Back again and embarrassed myself already

Options
One post since coming back and may have upset one poster then read a long post on paleo and now feel embarrassed that I said I'm doing paleo this time. Arrggh! Anyway I'm going to keep doing it cos I like the phone app with this site and I need the commitment of it.

Replies

• gettingfitnana303
    Options
    :smile: Good Morning (at least it is early morning where I live) We are the same age and feel free to add me if you would like. My doctor suggested the Mediteranean diet for me. This is a good site to keep one accountable. And, I wouldn't worry about embarrassing yourself. Until we all have wings behind us and halos over our heads, some people will like us, some will criticize us and some just will have a problem with whatever we do or say. Glad to meet you:smile:
  • kwagganin
    kwagganin Posts: 34
    Options
    Why should you be embarrased? Its just their opinion! I'm on a paleo diet too and I'm doing and feeling great! Add me if you want to!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    A lot of people believe that their way is the "right" way and are rather forcefull with their opinions. What you need to do if find what works for YOU and stick to it; if that's paleo then good for you :smile:

Personally for me it's the 5:2 way of eating but feel free to add me if you'd like a little positive community support (same for anyone else!)

Good luck!! Vx
  • mommycrue
    mommycrue Posts: 27
    Options
    I am looking for some fun, drama free and motivating friends! If you are looking to add another friend, please add me!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    One post since coming back and may have upset one poster then read a long post on paleo and now feel embarrassed that I said I'm doing paleo this time. Arrggh! Anyway I'm going to keep doing it cos I like the phone app with this site and I need the commitment of it.

lol dont ever get embarrassed from the forums people get upset over the smallest thing, also people's definitions of paleo is incredibly different from person to person - there are no experts here just people on the same journey of getting in whatever shape they desire.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Do what works for you and don't let the haters get you down! :drinker:
  • Brallen1969
    Options
    I am loving Paleo, and I could care less what others opinions are on it...I feel great and am shedding the pounds...feel free to add me if you are looking for positive motivating people.

Brad
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am loving Paleo, and I could care less what others opinions are on it...I feel great and am shedding the pounds...feel free to add me if you are looking for positive motivating people.

Brad

If you could care less, then obviously you care a little.
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Paleo, you do you and what works for YOU!!! My younger brother's been living a paleo lifestyle for a few months now and is down about 15lbs and is in the best shape of his life....just ran his first 10K and swears he'd never have been able to by living any other way. Don't ever feel embarrassed by your beliefs!!
  • hunigirl
    hunigirl Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks GFnan, i wont be embarrassed, though I felt that way at first. Hows the Mediterranean diet helping?

Kwagganin, Im over it now, how do you find paleo? Ill add you if I can see how?

Vicki, thanks 5-2? Consider yourself added as well.

Mommycrue, thanks as wel,l so nice to be welcomed second time around.

Doc, hi, I guess my paleo is (after reading heaps of blogs etc. till I found one I felt was realistic)
    really pretty much how I grew up on the farm. Meat, veg, milk, eggs, cream, grains, fruit. In that order. Not much grains as mum had to cook bread etc for 7 of us, fruit in season and no processed food or lollies ever. We were all fit, healthy and skinny. Going back home I guess.

Kate thanks, I won't!

Brad, Ill add you, hoping for some support from fellow paleos. Whatever that means to you. lol Im an oldie but hope to get fit as well

.Moose, lol Love pedants, Im one for sure. Try to add all you guys for sure.

wow l-l your brother has done well, encouraging to hear! how does he see how to do it so well?