Help I need exercises for the thighs!!

Options
jo69
jo69 Posts: 78 Member
:frown: Little frustrated with my thighs! Anyone know any good exercises I can do to lose and tone these thighs? I really appreciate your help.

Replies

• pink92307
    pink92307 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The best exercise that I've done is the warrior pose (yoga).
  • rcarter91
    rcarter91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Squats and pliés have worked wonders for me. You can do them while using weights as well to make them more difficult. Similarly I have found that running has done a great deal for the overall strength and appearance of my legs :)
  • johnmcfarm
    johnmcfarm Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi Jo69, Try riding a bicycle, it is fun...a good way to travel and it is GREAT exercise!!! Really works the thighs, calves, etc.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    There is a programme on the internet called 200 squats. It is a valuble and free programme which really helps me. The other excercise that has worked wonders for me are bridges on the ball. If you have a ball at home you put your feet on the top hemisphere of the ball and lift up your butt while keeping your knees and thighs close together. You can go up and hold, go up and pulse and just go up and down. The pain is insidious but it really works. It gives you sculpted lean muscles!!!
  • rsullivan
    rsullivan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I need suggestions that do NOT include lunges or squats. My knees are horrible and I cannot do either of those without extreme pain. I have been doing some isometric exercises everyday (sorta like dancer exercises) which have helped a little but I would like to find something that gives me better results.
  • barresa
    barresa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Stand up with your back against a wall then slide down in to sitting position. The lower you go the harder it is.

Lunges work wonders and squats. Just be careful of your knees (always over your toes).

But I find that until all desired weight is lost we may not get the result we want. I personally like my thighs lean and well toned and that won't happen with extra weight.
  • barresa
    barresa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I need suggestions that do NOT include lunges or squats. My knees are horrible and I cannot do either of those without extreme pain. I have been doing some isometric exercises everyday (sorta like dancer exercises) which have helped a little but I would like to find something that gives me better results.

Then maybe yoga is for you? or Pilates? have you tried those? It may not be as hard on your knees. Kinda hard to work on your thighs without the knees getting involved somehow.

Actually Leg Lifts do wonders (without knees) . On your back for the front of the thighs, on your side for side of thighs or stomach, bending the knees for your hamstrings. If your leg is straight it will work your butt. If using a gym, the thigh machines allow you to work with a lot of weight without using your knees.
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody, these suggestions are really very helpful...I'm gonna try them today!!!:smile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    The best thing that ever happened to my legs was Slim in 6 and Slim Series.
  • mckelan
    mckelan Posts: 9
    Options
    Try a Yoga class...if the teacher is a certified instructor then she/he will be able to adapt to the problem with your knees !!! I teach several people who came to me after knee problems. Yoga can even help with strengthening the muscles that wrap the knee area which will help. It will also help improve your posture which will also help keep the weight evenly distributed , this takes pressure of the knee..Check out a class!!! you will have peace of mind..body benefit AND burn calories !!!
  • alyssaboo
    alyssaboo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I play lacrosse and my coach had CRAZY hard workouts but they worked really well, we all had some fantastic lookin leg muscles afterwards. She had us running a lot which is a great workout for your entire body, sprinting uphill, lots of squats (jumping squats and regular), wall sits are also really good for your legs, just start with fourty five seconds or so and work your way up with exercises in between them, lunges, and regular sprints. I know it all sounds really intense but if you do it on your own terms and push yourself little by little they are some good workouts.