Who/what motivated you for your mfp journy?

Options
Who (can b anyone) motivated you for your weight loss/ weight gain journey you are on now.could be any one and anything.
And NO JUDGING anyones story!!

Replies

• mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Seriously!!! No one!?
  • bbyrley
    bbyrley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Myself... did WW a few years back and lost 80lbs, was feeling great, things got in the way and couldn't afford to go any longer, gained all but 10lbs backs... Made a pack with my cousin to loose weight and get healthy again. She said we need to track our food intake. I knew she was right and din't really want to do it. I researched and found MFP, we both agreeded and it is the best thing I have ever done... Wish I knew about this years ago!!!
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    An ECG machine when I was 30. Decided right then and there on that cold steel table that I had had enough. Starting weight then was 240 pounds, my highest ever. Current weight is 145, I am only 5 pounds away from the 100 lb club and soooo looking forward to it :) I changed my eating habits, lifestyle. My first workout was with a WII fit that I asked for christmas. From there I just kept upping my 'game' to get the results I wanted and my body needed :)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Looking at a picture of myself with my neices and their cousin on Christmas of 2010 i was not happy at all . I knew something had to change and it had to start with me !
  • os2013
    os2013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    An extended family weight loss challenge. After years of doing nothing about my weight, I joined MFP out of the blue for support and education January 1st, 2013. Tough and exciting resolution, but I jumped in and trusted the system and was lucky to establish a small but mighty group of friends that are very supportive. My results have been outstanding, I take this seriously and that leads to success. Best wishes on whatever your challenge is.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The fat *kitten* staring back at me in the mirror!!!!!!
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I got on because I wanted to secretly monitor my teen-aged daughter while she was on. So, I had an obscure picture and a name that she wouldn't recognize. I found that she appreciated the advice I was providing while on MFP, while if I said the same thing to her face to face, she would had said, "Yeah, sure, Mom." and discarded it. She eventually stopped using MFP but I have found it extremely beneficial in my weight maintenance and strive to maintain a well balanced diet and healthy life style.