Calorie Intake Help

Options
I've been working on losing weight since January 2012. I've managed to lose around 40 lbs. so far. I've fallen off the wagon many times and managed to get back on over and over. I've been focused since January (again) and I'm not seeing a lot of results. I have managed to lose the 5 or so pounds I gained over the holidays, so that's a win.

I believe my diary is open and I'm open to critique. I'm a major sweet addict, which isn't helping matters. At all. I'm also noticing my sodium intake is quite high (of course I never thought it was since I never *add* salt to my food). Any suggestions on beating the sugar addiction? I should also mention that last Tuesday, I gave up diet soda and am going strong with that so far. Some of my diary days are scary, but I try to be honest and log it all.

I haven't been logging my exercise because I've been using my BodyMedia Fit armband lately to track my calories burned. I do cardio ~4x a week (lately I've been doing the Brazil Butt Lift DVDs) and yoga 2x a week. I'm also a long-distance runner so I have a long training run on the weekends and usually run 2x during the work week.

I'm not seeing any changes in the mirror or the way my clothes fit, either. I'd like to think that I'm building muscle, but I'm not so sure about that.

I adjusted my calorie limit to 2000 based on my BMR and TDEE. Since I'm not seeing any movement on the scale, I don't know if I'm eating too many calories or too few.

Any advice/suggestions that you can offer will be appreciated! I'm getting really frustrated lately and I don't want to decide to jump on an easy weight loss fix bandwagon and do more damage to my body.

Replies