Frank's hot sauce crock pot chicken wrap...side ideas?

Options
iamkarent
iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
I am making the crock pot chicken everyone was talking about on here with the franks hot sauce. I figure I will do them in to wraps with some lettuce and tomato...blue cheese if people want.

What would you suggest for healthy sides with it? They don't like sweet potato fries....and already have lettuce and tomato in wrap...so salad doesn't seem to fit...

Figured you guys always have great ideas!!!!

Replies

• megant53214
    megant53214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When in doubt I always just do some roasted veggies - potatoes, carrots, peppers, onions, whatever I happen to have, mix with some olive oil and seasonings and roast.

Where is this chicken recipe? I'd love to see it - I am addicted to Frank's!!!!
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    High in sodium....but a yummy low cal EASY recipe!

Frank’s Buffalo Chicken

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 bottle of Frank’s Hot Sauce (I used buffalo wing flavor)

1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix

Put chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle the dry ranch mix on the chicken breasts. Pour the entire bottle of hot sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low on 6 hours. Shred the chicken up like you would for barbecue. Enjoy every bite!
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    what is the calorie count for this? thanks
  • sassycupcakecutie
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    You could go with some brown rice with some mexican spices and salsa to keep with the theme of things... Or a baked potato with some low fat melted cheese and salsa on top. Mmmm.
  • poohbear1971
    Options
    bump
  • stinkinstone
    stinkinstone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You might try the recipe with Tabasco. They have a buffalo sauce much lower in sodium. That being said, I eat wings every Monday with Franks sauce. (Can't find the Tabasco in the gallon size, but can find Franks.)
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    u should have chicken kabobs on the side of ur chicken wraps.
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    An entire bottle of Franks and a packet of ranch mix? Holey moley! That's a sodium bomb!

I would have a side of water.....like a whole gallon.

I would do oven fries, celery sticks, and a blue cheese dip made with greek yogurt.
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    High in sodium....but a yummy low cal EASY recipe!

Frank’s Buffalo Chicken

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 bottle of Frank’s Hot Sauce (I used buffalo wing flavor)

1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix

Put chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle the dry ranch mix on the chicken breasts. Pour the entire bottle of hot sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low on 6 hours. Shred the chicken up like you would for barbecue. Enjoy every bite! Bump
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    This might be too much cooking for one meal, but what about a veggie based soup? Soup and sandwiches (or wraps...same thing!) always seem to go well together. If not grilled veggies might work. I love grilled onions, zucchini, peppers, and mushrooms. You could even put them on shish kabob sticks to make it fun.
  • vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Beans maybe, or rice and beans. I make a nice bean and corn salad in the summer that would accompany this nicely I think. Black beans, cannelloni beans, kidney beans, corn, cucumber, celery, onion and cilantro, dressed with olive oil and lime juice.