This is why I hate shopping.

Options
32B1611D-4DFA-4501-A3EB-EB72042B161A-5597-0000029738ED48E0_zps73e36587.jpg

Seriously, clothes are stupid and I hate them. I'm wearing sweats for life.

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I know! WTF is up with that?!
  • stacezilla
    Options
    I know! WTF is up with that?!

I don't know but it's the worst thing in the world because I could barely button them.
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    Sounds like you should find a good tailor.
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I hate it when that happens! I have that problem with shirts, too tight on the boobs and the rest is too big.
  • stacezilla
    Options
    You buyin?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Good, it's not just me. People wonder why I never tuck in shirts. :grumble:
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Pants shopping is not my favorite activity either. I'm pretty much where I want to be weight wise and it is still challenging. If you have curvy hips and a relatively small waist, look for "curvy fit" rather than straight cut pants/shorts. I have found that stores that cater to somewhat older women (such as Talbots, Chico's, Coldwater Creek, Lands End) tend to have more pants that fit my shape. I have rejected many pairs of pants due to that waistband gap that you are sporting!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Those pants are ridiculous! Try another store with better quality clothing! This also happens to me and I have a tailor take the pants in at the waist, in the back, but I start with a good quality pants, in the smallest size that fits me.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good, it's not just me. People wonder why I never tuck in shirts. :grumble:

I never tuck in my shirts either, for just this reason.

Even skinny style jeans that are VERY tight will *still* do this on the back of my waist. :angry:
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    I hate it when that happens! I have that problem with shirts, too tight on the boobs and the rest is too big.

I have the same issues with shirts! Very frustrating!
  • stacezilla
    Options
    For some reason it happens more with shorts than pants.

I think it's because a lot of pants have a stretch and shorts for some reason don't?

idk.

I found a pair that fit though. I'm going to LA next week and it's supposed to be warm so..

18B8124C-E587-4C2C-8521-4A8C62A40A48-5597-0000029A9B3ECC3F_zps9e324868.jpg
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was trying on pants today and that's what was happening to me, too. Good to know that I'm not the only one. I never tuck shirts in either.

Manufacturers need to make their clothes better to fit the average female!!
  • stacezilla
    Options
    Those pants are ridiculous! Try another store with better quality clothing! This also happens to me and I have a tailor take the pants in at the waist, in the back, but I start with a good quality pants, in the smallest size that fits me.

Honestly don't think it's the quality.

I have 42.75 inch hips.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I think it's because a lot of pants have a stretch and shorts for some reason don't?

idk.

I found a pair that fit though. I'm going to LA next week and it's supposed to be warm so..

Lovely!! :drinker:
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Look for curvy fit. Try Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans or a juniors size.
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

idk.

Very cute!!

Yeah, LA is supposed to be in the 70's-80's next week. San Francisco area was a nice 75 today!!
  • OnionMomma
    Options

When I get my skinny jeans (Old Navy) I buy the sweet heart style. They have a higher rise in the back and don't seem to gap as much but still gap some.

Short I don't have too much of a problem with, they still gap, but, I tend to wear shorts and capris farther down on my hips.
  • stacezilla
    Options

When I get my skinny jeans (Old Navy) I buy the sweet heart style. They have a higher rise in the back and don't seem to gap as much but still gap some.

Short I don't have too much of a problem with, they still gap, but, I tend to wear shorts and capris farther down on my hips.

lol those were old navy sweet heart shorts
  • OnionMomma
    Options

Thank you for saving me some time. LOL Now I know better then to try them on.

I wear mostly capris over short though.
  • stacezilla
    Options

Thank you for saving me some time. LOL Now I know better then to try them on.

I wear mostly capris over short though.

I wouldn't let my bad experience take away the option. I have a different body shape than you and I generally have a problem with most clothes for that reason. (wide hips/small thighs)

:)