30 day shred Poll: how heavy of weights are you using?

Options
2»

Replies

• BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    12, but they are too heavy for the (level one) arm raises. I also go to the gym and get quite a bit of the same type of workouts there, so I have been inconsistent doing the 30 DS. :ohwell:
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When you talk about the weight - is that for the pair or is that for EACH one?

each one. Im using a set (so 2) of 8lb weights.
  • Mozzie123
    Mozzie123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started with 5lbs but I could barely raise them by the end of the workout.

I didnt want to buy any lower, so atm I am using 1.25ltr bottles of softdrink which weight 1.5 kgs (3lbs). After 6 days, I am almost ready to move back to 5lbs.
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i switch between 3's and 5s. i use 3's for a lot of it but 5's for chest flys and things - and in her other dvds i use the 5's for deadlifts and other moves.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    2kg each (4.4#) Too much for some moves, too little for others.

Yes, you may want to have a set of two weights OP cause I found the side lunge raises were crazy with 7lbs, had to use my 4lbs.

I had a set of 5s and 8s but can only find one of my 5s right now so I have to use my 8s. :ohwell: I agree those side lunge raises are super difficult with heavier weights lol

I hold one weight in both hands for those! Dunno if having my arms meeting makes the move 'bad form' but I get through it

It's always OK to do them for the side lunge raises one arm at a time.. I felt my shoulders, arms burning which is great but you can risk stopping or bad form like the poster above described
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    8,12, and 20 lbs. each hand

wow 20?! thats awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    When you talk about the weight - is that for the pair or is that for EACH one?

I use 8lbs together and 14lbs together or 2 x 4lbs then 2 x 7lbs
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    3, 5, and 10 depending on the exercise. By the end my 3lbs were collecting dust.
  • Atojiso
    Atojiso Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm using cans of beans ;) but then, I'm just starting out. They're getting rather light at L1D5.
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use 3,5 & 8 lbs. heavier for chest, biceps and lighter for those raises everyone is talking about.