I have completed MFP!

Options
I just joined today and I am already loving this site!I have been going to Weight Watchers on and off for over 20 years,how ridiculous is that :blushing:
I do not need to pay someone to tell me what I already know,I know how to eat healthy and I know what healthy portions are,I struggle with compulsive and emotional overeating of sugary junk foods.
I have always worked out and enjoyed it :laugh: .
I do not have any health problems as of yet,but as I get older being 5'3 and weighing 200lbs will catch up with me eventually,and I do NOT want to still be struggling with this weight when I am 70!
WW always said I was supposed to be 140 but I am setting my goal at 145,the lowest I have been 10 years was 155 on my honeymoon,and 2 times since having my kids I have gotten to right around 170,then gone right back up.I have had enough and I am ready.
Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

Replies

• weightwinner72
    Options
    omg I meant to say that I have completed my first day on MFP!
    oops lol
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    I really think you will like it here...I have made a bunch of good friends who are very supportive & they keep me positive! Good luck on your journey...you can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    This is a great site !! I've also bounced back and forth on WW, and MFP is the same (& free!). Welcome!!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi Weightwinner7! I felt like I was writing my own bio! I was a WW member for several years, I am addicted to sugar, emotional eater etc..Love to work out and I am 5' 2 and 1/2. I have been using MFP for a while and I lost 10 pounds, felt off track and gained a few back but am back on track and losing again. I hope your journey is successful, feel free to add me!
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am pretty new here, too, you can add me! I could use more friends. This is a really cool place.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    omg I meant to say that I have completed my first day on MFP!
    oops lol

I was about to say: you joined today and you're ready to blow this popsicle stand in less than 24 hours? :) Have fun and good luck.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site you are gonna love it! There are a lot of great people on here and the forums are great if you need an entertaining laugh or some advice. Hope the journey goes well for you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you are looking for support and motivation.
  • fungaaron9880
    Options
    Grats! and welcome to the site!
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    Welcome! I didn't start using MFP until after losing the weight I wanted to lose. Wish I had started earlier! I wouldn't have made some of the mistakes I made along the way, specifically not including strength/muscle training in my plan.

You'll love it here. Remember everybody here is on their personal journey and we don't all get there following the same path. Find what works for you from everything that you read. Be open to new ideas and changing some of your old ideas (probably) and you're on your way to who you want to be.

You sound motivated to do this! :smile:
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The best success, i found, is using the tools (bmr calculator and diary and exercise tracker). in addition, only accept MFP friends that are healthy and supportive, the ones that get this journey isn't just about a number on the scale but the journey in your head and the overall health of your body, mind and soul.
    Don't follow anyones advice blindly... Always do your due diligence and verify things with a trusted website such as bodybuilder.com, scoobysworkshop.com or http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/. I have found all of these sites reputable and with solid information. Other sites like mayoclinc and webmd.com can also be great resources.
    Remember one size does not fit all and what works for one person may not work as well for another or not work at all. Eating too little CAN and will lead to failure. There really is no reason to go hungry, ever! So why do it? Only make one dietary or exercise change at a time and give it at least 3 weeks before you decide it isn't working... Even if you initially gain a few pounds. If you change more than one thing at a time you will never know what worked or didn't work for YOU.
    Develop a healthy relationship with food... I see how much that relationship negatively impacted my relationship with others and with my own self. Food is not for feeding emotions its for nourishing your body. If you think of food in terms of nutrition such as macro nutrients: protein, fat and carbs and aim to meet your set goal of those things you may be less likely to just grab a candy bar and truly reach for a greek yogurt, fruit or veggie! Ask yourself what you should eat, not what you feel like eating. The answer is usually NOT the same, especially in the earlier stages of change.
    This is a lifetime journey. There is NO END to this so it isn't a race. Its about learning about you and learning to love the challenges you overcome.. It is about becoming MINDFUL in your world and knowing what makes you respond and react. It is an amazing adventure... And the person you find in yourself along the way will inspire and amaze you!
    Welcome to MFP and welcome to the first day of the rest of your healthy life!
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    You are going to be so successful. This is a fantastic website. Best of luck to you.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Like you, I am 5'2" tall and started this at 200 pounds (well, 197 to be exact).

It can be done and you can do it. Get some friends to support you and get ready to be proud of yourself for your accomplishments!

Something I think every new person needs to hear is this: get ready to face challenge after challenge (emotionally, socially, from family, etc. etc. - the worst for me was the internal ugly voice in my head constantly nagging me about failing and giving up). The journey tends to be very emotioonal for most since we all got fat for reasons that are way deep down inside of us. Just remember that you can overcome anything if you just set your mind to it and keep moving forward. Forgive missteps and total screw ups too, but keep moving forward.

You can do this!
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am not 200 pounds and I wish I was 5'2, Im sitting at 140 and Im 5', but I do love my comfort food, I never really craved the sugary stuff, it was all carbs...I started right after christmas and I lost about four pounds, I tweaked my routine and calories and ive gained it all back...but thats okay, I was expecting it...This site is a great site with wonderful people, Im happy I found this site especially since im from a small small town and im a stay at home mom...not a whole lot of opportunities to socialize and there is no gym...so this site gives me the motivation i need to try new things(like im doing now) and this is about being stronger and healthier and even though i havent lost really much weight, i am active everyday and four months ago, I wasnt...
    Good luck to you and feel free to add me if you like!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Like you, I am 5'2" tall and started this at 200 pounds (well, 197 to be exact).

It can be done and you can do it. Get some friends to support you and get ready to be proud of yourself for your accomplishments!

Something I think every new person needs to hear is this: get ready to face challenge after challenge (emotionally, socially, from family, etc. etc. - the worst for me was the internal ugly voice in my head constantly nagging me about failing and giving up). The journey tends to be very emotioonal for most since we all got fat for reasons that are way deep down inside of us. Just remember that you can overcome anything if you just set your mind to it and keep moving forward. Forgive missteps and total screw ups too, but keep moving forward.

You can do this!
    Very important and valid points...