So close to 50 lbs down! A couple of pics...

Options
Sometimes I get discouraged because I'm not dropping weight as quickly as I think I should be, or because I don't see drastic changes overnight...then I look at before pictures and I realize that I'm really proud of how far I've come!! I'm turning 30 in two weeks time. Lately I've been having those thoughts that apparently most people have when it's time to turn 30...about how it's such a huge milestone, leaving your 20's behind, blah blah blah. But looking at this photo, of me when I was 28, I say bring on 30!! I'm a different person than I was at this time last year. A healthier, happier person. And God willing, it's only going to get better, and that adorable little boy in the picture can grow up with a healthy Mommy who can actually keep up with him!

40919_429627001602_275213_n.jpg

Me tonight, after work:
25201798_5570.jpg

25201798_2990.jpg

*edited to fix picture.*

Replies

• ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    great work!!! so inspiring!!!
  • diggswood
    diggswood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look amazing. Nice work. Your baby is super cute too.
  • ursus_feminus
    ursus_feminus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good job, losing 50 pounds is a big accomplishment! Happy 30s
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    U look wonderful
  • katepsher
    katepsher Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger! Way to go. I love seeing success (and success-in-progress) stories like this.
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger!
  • moonlitdreams2
    Options
    GORGEOUS, congrats!
  • 13LossWtnow
    Options
    Great Job..& Inspiring keep up the good work:)
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Don't let those thoughts get the better of you. Happy Birthday for 30! Its only a number honey its how you feel believe me I'm 56 and I wish I was down 50lbs. Just found this site this morning its great. I have been dieting for a month lost 4kgs then over the weekend gave my grandson a big christening party. I had a couple of bits of cake last 2 days and some party pies for dinner yesterday and found I have put almost 2kgs back on!!!! Man! I will look to you and others like you on this site for inspiration.
    Your a beautiful woman and your son is so cute. How long have you been eating healthily?
  • gleemel
    gleemel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!
  • Dalet51
    Dalet51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! Congrats! I too am almost 30 and have 2 kids (almost 1 yo and 3 yo)- I say 30 bring it on!
  • valeriecaden
    valeriecaden Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing, thank you for posting these inspirational pics :)
  • Laurarodie
    Laurarodie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMGOSH!!!!You look AMAZING!!!
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Don't let those thoughts get the better of you. Happy Birthday for 30! Its only a number honey its how you feel believe me I'm 56 and I wish I was down 50lbs. Just found this site this morning its great. I have been dieting for a month lost 4kgs then over the weekend gave my grandson a big christening party. I had a couple of bits of cake last 2 days and some party pies for dinner yesterday and found I have put almost 2kgs back on!!!! Man! I will look to you and others like you on this site for inspiration.
    Your a beautiful woman and your son is so cute. How long have you been eating healthily?

Thank you so much! It means so much to get support from you guys, you will love this site and all of the great encouragement you get from this community. I've been eating better and being more active since June of last year. Most of my weight came off between June and December. I've slowed down a lot since December, but I'm still working on losing. Welcome!
  • thinthoughts
    Options
    Great job!!, i've been there before after i had my 2nd child i lost a significant amount of weight and i remember feeling exactly this way as well. I think it is fantastic that you are looking at your older photos, because a lot of times we can't see ourselves the way we really are when we look into the mirror. But it's so different when we look at the photos......keep it up and remember that faster isn't always better :flowerforyou:
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You are truly beautiful, however, your child is the cutest EVER. Seriously, congrats on your healthy accomplishment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!