Remember how much water weighs!

Options
I just wanted to post a note to those of you who are looking at every last half pound on the scale:
Remember how much water actually weighs!! You drink it, and also excrete it through sweat and pee, all affecting the number on the scale quite a bit!

i.e. A gallon of water weighs approx 8 lbs. That means just one 20 oz bottle of water (or liquid) weighs a whopping 1.25 lbs!!! And forget about how heavy actual food is!

This is why it is important to weigh at the same time of day each time you weigh(generally right when you wake up, before you eat, but after you have used the loo) That will give you a fairly accurate reading. It is also recommended that you weigh no more than once a week for the same reasons.

But most of all, please remember that a pound up or down, here and there, is usually just water weight and will fluctuate all day long as you eat, drink, sweat and pee!

Replies

• scotty_81
    scotty_81 Posts: 59
    Options
    yep - a litre weighs a kilo for those dealing in metric!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Nice reminder for all of us!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    yep, it's those 1 or 2 pounds that can easily frustrate us and make me go eat a bag of chocolate haha
  • wannalive
    wannalive Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes, important thing to remember!
  • katslosingit
    katslosingit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One day I actually weighed myself before and after going to the bathroom (pee only) and there was nearly a 2lb difference! It's amazing how much fluid can make a difference.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    One day I actually weighed myself before and after going to the bathroom (pee only) and there was nearly a 2lb difference! It's amazing how much fluid can make a difference.
    Working out too! I weighed myself first thing in the morning after peeing, then worked out and used the restroom again (the other this time). 2.5 lbs difference just in 1 hr! Crazy...