I have 136 calories and need 64g of protein...

Options
...any suggestions? Obviously I can't hit THAT much protein but I'd be good with getting close. I have whey protein powder and vega nutrition smoothie powder. I'm over on carbs. I've already had dinner so points if the suggestion is dessert-y!!

Replies

• 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    If you have the ingredients, you could add the protein powder to greek yoghurt or cottage cheese. And add cacao powder!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    - tilapia - 4 oz is about 100 calories and 21 grams of protein
    - optimum nutrition is 120 calories/24 g protein
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    a scoop of isopure protein powder is 105 calories and 25 grams of protein. Go hard and mix it with just water :)
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    you can only digest 37 grams of protein in one sitting, so either space it out or eat something with 30-40
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd eat one and a half or two cans of tuna with mustard/relish (and a little mayo if you were willing to have a few extra calories).
  • ujfalusijones75
    Options
    you can only digest 37 grams of protein in one sitting, so either space it out or eat something with 30-40

Source for this...?
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    whoops---my suggestion was not dessertish at all! lol
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It depends on the size of the person, when you worked out last, flora in the gut but generally it is 30-40 grams per three hours sitting from a whey source. Layne Norton did a vlog, i will try to find the accompanying article.....i misused my words in the previous post i meant "utilize" not "digest"

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/70246-Layne-Norton-on-Protein-Myths-you-might-find-this-interesting
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I realize I couldn't get ALL 64g, just was trying to point out that I was looking for protein not carbs!

I like the protein powder in greek yogurt suggestion! The tuna is tasty but not much of a dessert hehe :) I totally need to learn to "go hard" and just put the powder in water but I'm just not a huge fan of the taste! Anyhoo- thanks everyone!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Not true.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I realize I couldn't get ALL 64g, just was trying to point out that I was looking for protein not carbs!

I like the protein powder in greek yogurt suggestion! The tuna is tasty but not much of a dessert hehe :) I totally need to learn to "go hard" and just put the powder in water but I'm just not a huge fan of the taste! Anyhoo- thanks everyone!

The first time I did I gagged! I was able to find a protein powder that I like the taste of so it's not too bad now.
  • xxstormynightsxx
    Options
    If you add a scoop of protein powder to greek yogurt, you'd be a little over calorie count (at about 210 for this combo) but you'd get 28 g of protein. or 2 scoops of protein powder at 150 calories in water at 26 g of protein. that is pretty miserable though, i probably wouldn't. i can't really think of any protein dense desserts, sorry! :(