How do you deal with weight problems?

Options
I gained 75 pounds in a year off of medications. And I've lost 30 pounds already.
I get mad at my weight when I see it on the scale. If I weigh myself, I do it so many times,
and I know the weight goes down after a certain time.
Rarely, but I do feel that people give me negative attention because of my weight.
I never experienced this when I wasn't over weight.
I feel like a middle school girl, comparing my weight to other girls at the gym,
and feel like I need to be skinnier so I won't look fat. But, I'm not a little girl anymore
and I don't know how to deal with all these weight gain. Am I in denial of my current weight ?
How do you deal with weight problems?
Thanks !

Replies

• Mindys3030
    Options
    Sounds like your negative thoughts about it are starting to overwhelm you and get out of control. Work on redirecting your thoughts on what you want to accomplish with your weight loss. No one is perfect and the reality is that you have to work on you and be accepting of you and your body. This takes time and practice. Do your best not to compare yourself to the other gals in the gym because they are not you. Focus that energy on taking care of yourself and making yourself happy. I have struggled with this for a long time myself. I am doing better because I started to work on my thoughts and focusing on the all the abundance in my life. It just seemed to help with my attitude and feelings with my weight loss.
  • shellieems
    Options
    Thank you so much. This was very helpful. Thanks !