Cross Fit?

Options
Hi all!
New here and new to cross fit.
Found a Cross Fit workout for beginners on fitsugar.com - CrossFit Athlete Mel Ockerby Shares Her Beach-Ready Workout - nonetheless - I was WORKIN! I was going as hard and as fast as I could through the circuit 10x. Needless to say my heart was pumpin and I was sweatin!
So... I get on to login my exercise and much to my dismay I could not find any matches under "crossfit" or "cross fit" so I had to log my work out under strength training - and received no extra calories for my work :-(

How do you guys log crossfit workouts so you get some cardio credit?

Replies

• Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Jboss!!! I was just about to post the same question...and then I saw your post! I just started crossfit about 2 weeks ago. I wear a heart rate/calorie monitor, so I know exact calorie burn based on my heart rate. I have tracked it here under aerobic, high impact because that seems to closley match my calorie burn according to my watch. For my weight, I burn appoximately 350-500 cal per workout. I go to a crossfit certified gym. We repeat a circuit 4-5x based on the WOD. With warm up, the class is about 45 min long. I hope this helps you...but I'm hoping we get answers from seasoned CrossFitters on their thoughts!!!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I would probably log it under circuit training, that's basically what it is.
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You can add your own exercise. Once you search for it, click on "add to database".

Wear a heartrate monitor and to your calories burned.

I take my average heart rate and put it in a calculator that figures gross calories burned based on time of exercise, heart rate, gender, age and weight. I then take that information and put it in a calculator that figures the number of calories I would have burned during that time just exisiting and gives me my net calories burned for the time period.

Gross calories:
    http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

Convert to net calories:
    http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/net-versus-gross-calorie-burn-conversion-calculator.aspx