TDEE and BMR - I've tried to understand, need some help!

Options
Hi guys, someone told me that I have to do the TDEE and BMR to get the right measurement of what I shuold eat.. So can someone please help me with this?

My TDEE is 2177.
My BMR is 1588.25.
And Body Fat is 26.6%.

I want to loose about a kg a week.
I do light exercise 3x week, so not very active (ain't nobody got time for that)..
Thank you :)

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Your tdee - 20% is 1741 so I would aim for 1600-1700
  • carolinehustoft
    carolinehustoft Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok, could I get an explanation for it please? Just so I can understand why :)
    And do i let the site calculate the rest of the stuff, like proteins and carbs etc? Or should I do something with it?
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    Ok, could I get an explanation for it please? Just so I can understand why :)
    And do i let the site calculate the rest of the stuff, like proteins and carbs etc? Or should I do something with it?

Total Daily Energy Expenditure, it's basically how many calories you are going to need to do your daily activities in a day. - 20% is a healthy deficit. A healthy deficit means healthy loss, as in slow and more permanent than crash dieting. You'll have to figure out your macro % for yourself, do some research and decide what is best for you. I chose to cut my carbs, because I realized that most of my calories were coming from carbs, and I don't want to lose muscles, I want to lose fat. In order to maintain my muscle while losing fat I am making sure to exercise regularly as well as maintain a high level of protein. I was vegan for a long time so I used to eat a lot of carbs and fats, I'm trying something new before going back to being vegan, trying to figure out what is right for me and my body.

I would suggest not going by the recommendation that myfitnesspal makes, after you try it for two weeks. I was making a change almost every two weeks, slowly carving my health plan to better suit my bodies needs.

My diary is public, feel free to take a peak and ask me any questions. I'm newer to all of this, but I pay close attention to my friends diaries and do research every day to try and make sure I am not deceived!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You dont have to do the TDEE minus% to lose weight. If you set up MFP properly and eat back your exercise calories its the same thing.