Sneaky Fitness!

Options
I've had a very off day today. I'm one of those annoying people with a schedule. I get up at five and work out. On friday my workday starts at 7 and ends at 12. It is then that I do my errands so that I can relax on Saturdays.

Well this morning my alarm didn't go off so I didn't get to the gym.

My hubby took my car to work bc he wanted me to take his for an oil change. My wallet with my ID happened to be in there.

My supervisor caught me as I was going to punch out to talk about some paperwork that so could have waited until Monday.

So I go home to change clothes bc I am so going to the gym after I take my hubbys car in. While I was checking in at the service desk, I noticed a road that runs behind the dealership. So I gave them my cell number, plugged my headphones in and hit the road. I walked back and forth while waiting for the call to pick up the car. Once they called, I made my way back to the dealership. Not only did the time totally fly by, I burned 400 calories according to my HRM! And now I don't have to go to the gym and most importantly, I'm back on schedule! :)

How do you sneak in fitness when your day seems determined to ruin your plans?

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Good call! That makes me want to throw some tennies and socks into my trunk! Great job getting it done :smile:
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love it when a plan comes together!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I do the sneaky walking too, the other night my son had a year end ceremony for scouts and it was starting late so while he played with his friends I walked around the school. I will also go out on my lunch break for walks or even close my office door and take a quick exercise break and do squats and situps etc.
  • hispanicangel
    Options
    i just get in done no matter what time! i have been up till 12am doing P90x. during the day if i have to go do errands i power walk in the stores lol i have had security guards follow me cause i go in and go straight to where i need to be lol. gets me everytime when they do that.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I sneak in push-ups at work. There's a couple handicap bars in there that are just a little lower then hip high and i use those for 45 degree angle push-ups ( I'm working my way up to full ones :) ). I drink ALOT of water, and I make sure and do 20 every time I go to the bathroom so they really add up!
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I live a mile away from Wal-Mart, so if I just need to pick up a few things... I grab my bags and walk up there... and on the way home, I do lifts with the bags... I get some funny looks from people driving by lol...

Or if I wanna cheat and eat my fave Steak biscuit from Grandy's... I walk up there... eat it there... and walk it off before I get home.

Which is REALLY a great idea if you fave fast food is within walking distance... I have Grandy's, Taco Bell, Taco Bueno, IHOP, Sonic, Chick-fil-A, and Chipotle (McD's too but eww) oh wait and SUBWAY yeaaaa!!!! All of which are a mile or less from home.
    (so is 24 hrs fitness.. so I could walk to the gym)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Good job on sneaking in a workout...you know what? Life happens! There will always be distractions and interruptions. Walk where you can....or do push ups in the potty room! (That one made me smile...never thought about using those bars to drop and do 20 everytime I go!A+) I put hand weights on the vanity so I can do my arms while the water heats up for my shower! :laugh: Pretty sneaky, huh?! Have a great weekend all! :heart:
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I sneak in push-ups at work. There's a couple handicap bars in there that are just a little lower then hip high and i use those for 45 degree angle push-ups ( I'm working my way up to full ones :) ). I drink ALOT of water, and I make sure and do 20 every time I go to the bathroom so they really add up!

Ooh good one!!!
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Also, on Saurdays, my town has a local Farmers Market... a great place to walk to and get FRESH fruits and veggies.

ps: even though I live that close to all that fast food... I only do that maybe 2-3 times a month... just to get that craving out of the way
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    great tips everybody! I'll be using some of those!
  • yellowchick79
    Options
    I have three kids so there is always a lot of laundry to be done. Instead of taking all of the clean clothes upstairs in one trip, I break it up into three trips. I am constantly going up and down the stairs all day long! Sneaky.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    If I have a phone call at work that I know will take 10+ minutes, I'll take it on my cell phone and walk around the building until it's over. 3 or 4 of those phone calls a day and it adds up.