100 DAY BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE

Options
This is a 100 day weight loss competition for all willing to commit to 100 days of changing their lives for the better. This competition will begin June 23, 2010 and end on the final weigh in day of October 1, 2010. 1st place will receive 75% of the winnings, 2nd place will receive 15% of the winnings and 3rd place will receive 10% of the winnings! The more we can get to join this competition, the more there will be to win!

Competition is a great motivator, accountability, friends, and of course, money motivates!! Whatever your motivation, a healthier you awaits!

Rules for the 100 Day Biggest Loser Challenge

Contribution: $35.00 contribution payment for each participating contestant. Please send $35.00 via Paypal to RMND72@Gmail.com or email me for a specific payment arrangement, no checks please. Amount must be paid and received prior to June 23rd, 2010. *Due to this being a competition and the winning amount a big motivator to succeed, there will be no refunds.

Weigh-In Procedures:
The very first weigh in and very last weigh in will be a video. (i.e., cell phone, camera, etc.) The video must show the following: a piece of paper with the contestants name and date on it held up to view, full view of contestant, contestant getting on DIGITAL scale, ZOOM into the number on the scale. This is done to ensure the contestant is not weighted down in some way and that it is the actual contestant. Wear the same clothes in both videos, (shorts, tees, however you are comfortable and no shoes). Videos must be uploaded to kizzy_muss@yahool.com by 11:59pm June 23rd, 2010 and by 11:59pm October 1, 2010. No late videos will be accepted.

Weekly weigh ins are required, but not via video. Weekly photos of your weigh in on a DIGITAL scale while standing on it. We need to see that Wednesday’s date on a piece of paper, your feet and a CLEAR reading of your weight and an “item of the week”. I will let you know what the item will be on the Tuesday of the week. (i.e., toothpaste, shampoo, cup, etc.). Be sure to check your email for the “item of the week”!! You will need to post your weekly weigh in pictures in your journal.

YOU CAN ONLY MISS TWO WEIGH-INS (not including the last two) so don’t forget to update your stats and journal every week. Three missed weigh-ins = you being removed from the competition, no exceptions.

Before and After photos are required and need to be taken in the same outfit and location and position. Outfit must be tight fitting so we can see the difference at the end. (Tight pants, shorts, or swim suit - NO dresses, skirts or loose fitting clothes). Front, side and back pictures. Email the pictures along with the weigh ins to kizzy_muss@yahoo.com

Must post at least once a week to stay in the competition. Post how you are doing, if you are struggling, your foods, vent, complain, cheer, boast, something, anything! Studies have shown that people who journal or blog their feelings along with keeping a food diary wind up eating less than those who don’t. Try to track your foods, it will actually help you be accountable to you! Make sure to keep your nutrition tracker public.

Prohibited Activities: No recent weight loss surgeries or weight loss surgeries during the contest. A healthier lifestyle change is what is best for people for the long run, but it’s those who go for the quick fix who don’t reap the rewards of a lifestyle change. Please be healthy and seek consultation from your physician before starting any weight loss regime.

If you want to brag, boast, seek help, vent or just check in, post a comment on the competition team page. Have fun and give it your all to lose the weight you need through a healthy lifestyle and exercise.

Replies

• obifatkanobi
    obifatkanobi Posts: 190
    Options
    Thanks but no thanks. I want to be a winner at the end of my weight loss/healthier me journey, not a big loser. lol
  • mrcourtneycole
    Options
    This sounds like a nice setup. I would prefer it be based on percentage of weight lost over number of pounds lost.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a nice setup. I would prefer it be based on percentage of weight lost over number of pounds lost.

i second that
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea. I'm a little concerned about people actually sending in money though...
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a lot of rules. I wonder how many people will actually participate.
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    I can't think that many people will participate. It's a great idea, really, but kizzym could be anybody looking to simply get as many MFP users to send in 35 dollars to his/her paypal account and run with it. (No offense if this is a serious competition.)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I don't see many participating either... Maybe if it were a for the 'fun' of it so to speak and not having to send in money and being based on more % lost, I'd consider giving it a shot, thanks but no thanks. I like this site because it's free and as much as I want to believe people on this site wouldn't screw people over, but I agree with funkyspunky.. no offense, but still..
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    You know what would be very cool? If MFP, set up an area of the site where you could host a weight loss competition. Like, set up groups for your co workers or family or your fellow MFP friends and then send in the reward money to MFP itself. That way no one person would be responsible for the money. :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    You know what would be very cool? If MFP, set up an area of the site where you could host a weight loss competition. Like, set up groups for your co workers or family or your fellow MFP friends and then send in the reward money to MFP itself. That way no one person would be responsible for the money. :)
    I agree!!! There's a similar thing like that on mapmyrun.com to host challenges for groups like that, but I haven't read much more on it.. maybe we could post a thread like that in the suggestions section :D
  • blackchick38
    blackchick38 Posts: 135
    Options
    no way
  • theartsymom
    Options
    I agree, I think MFP should do something like this. Unfortunately, money is tight and I wouldn't send money into an individual that could just take the money and run. Too many scams going around these days unfortunately.
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    there's no offense to it...understandable on people being leery about the money issue...it is an actual weight loss challenge that is the idea of a friend of mine..to help people to lose weight and win cash at the same time....if people don't have a paypal account but want to join and send money orders or other way of payment they could email me and let me know...there are actual 3 ways to win the cash there would be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd...

we could do percentage wise but not sure how to do that so if there are ANY participants in this challenge and if anyone knows how to do it the weight loss by percentage wise i'd love to know how to do it...

i'm not here to take the money and run.....i'm an actual participant of myfitnesspal.com....i just started getting serious about losing weight this month

it's just a challenge..so if anyone wanted to join they could with the rules in place and the 35 dollar fee that's for the money pot so the 3 people who lost the most weight either by pounds lost or percentage wise could win the money...keep in mind the title of the challenge BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE so it's "biggest loser style" where people could win money.....i would put the money in myself for the winners....but i'm sure with the economy that it is today you all understand we're not rich...so its not like i can put 35 dollars for each person who joined....

i'm an honest person and if you could tell by the rules the participants who would join would do a video with something that has the date of the weigh in that's having honest weigh ins and such...